Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec or Music?

Options
  • 12-04-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just wondering, is anyone doing both Home Ec or Music (or has done both for the JC) and would be able to suggest which one is easier to do well in , in the Leaving Cert?
    I got an A in HL Home Ec, and a B in HL Music in the JC.
    I am just worried about picking Music because I struggle with the listening, but I've heard the Home Ec paper is very broad and can include stuff not covered in the book??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you don't have an instrument at a fairly good standard, I'd say Home Ec., but really, only you know your own strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicreads

spurious wrote: »
    If you don't have an instrument at a fairly good standard, I'd say Home Ec., but really, only you know your own strengths.

Currently in Transition Year and I am doing Grade 6 in piano so I asked my music teacher and she thinks I'd be grand.

I guess I am really just worried about the listening (composing too??) side of things, I am worried it isn't something you can learn off by heart like the Home Ec and I might end up losing valuable points in it that I may have been able to get in Home Ec by working very hard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Grade 6 you should have no problem with the practical. What percentage is the listening, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nicreads

spurious wrote: »
    Grade 6 you should have no problem with the practical. What percentage is the listening, do you know?

25% Listening and 25% Composing (50% practical)

Advertisement