Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything you'd recommend for some young adult visitors?

Options
  • 12-04-2014 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Alright Limerick,

Me and a mate are meeting some Limerick-ers (in Limerick) for a birthday tommorow night but we decided to get an early train so that we can do some 'sporin during the day (tomorrow).

We're 21/23 years young and getting the train from Heuston at 10 so we'll probably arrive around midday. I had a read of the "Things to do in Limerick" sticky but I get the impression it's more for residents. So basically my question is what would you recommend? What are your favourite areas/shops/bars/restaurants etc that you'd like to see if it was your first time in Limerick? We'll be meeting other people at night so night-time activities won't be decided by us.

We're up for beer-related activities but would like to incorporate our drinking into a more all-round tour if you know what I mean. I'm pretty open minded but to be honest galleries and museums bore me. Everything else, throw it my way.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Are you just looking for pubs to do a pub crawl in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Are you just looking for pubs to do a pub crawl in?

No no, bit of everything preferably. Although it might be nice to drop into a few places on our travels for a sneaky beer.

Which actually reminds me, any good craft beer places around the central area?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Probably only good place for craft beers in the central area would be flannerys on Denmark st across from the ICON niteclub.

Mickey's aka Michael Martins put just off thomas st is a good place to drop into for a snaaaaky beer

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

Head down to the milk market when you arrive - should be a bit of atmosphere there still and you'll be able to get some good food/coffee, after that maybe head towards the river and do a bit of people watching, see the new boardwalk or have a pint in the locke... if you go to the limerick city of culture website or limerick dot ie you'll find a whats on... EV+A launched in limerick last night so might be worth a trip if you do head to the river.

Advertisement