Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Irish Students qualify for Nhs funded courses in UK???

Options
  • 11-04-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys , im an irish student , have been living in ireland most of my life , never lived in the uk before , i am now considering moving to uk and want to pursue a degree in Nursing , i am kind of confused with the whole nhs funding thing , can someone please explain to me what exactly does the nhs pay for if your from ireland or eu , is it only tuition fees and what is the bursary is it similar to the grant thing in Ireland ? Please specify in your answers what exactly i would qualify for and roughly how much i would have to pay to the college or universities , any extra tips about moving to uk will also be greatly appreciated , thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JB97

hey roccab,
    i'm in the same boat as you are, its so f****n confusing!! :)
    i've literally spent hours online looking into this topic and i'm still not 100% sure but as far as i can tell we are eligible for our tuition fees to be paid (which is pretty sound cos there like 9000 pounds a year!) but we can't get any of the bursaries. however, you can apply for a maintenance grant from your own county council which will "follow" you to the uk. another problem is that we will have to fly over and back to the uk 5 times for our uni interviews which is not going to be cheap! :'(
    JB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bouncy11

JB97 wrote: »
    hey roccab,
    i'm in the same boat as you are, its so f****n confusing!! :)
    i've literally spent hours online looking into this topic and i'm still not 100% sure but as far as i can tell we are eligible for our tuition fees to be paid (which is pretty sound cos there like 9000 pounds a year!) but we can't get any of the bursaries. however, you can apply for a maintenance grant from your own county council which will "follow" you to the uk. another problem is that we will have to fly over and back to the uk 5 times for our uni interviews which is not going to be cheap! :'(
    JB.

Hello I to am applying for a course in the uk I am wondering did ye apply to gov uk website or is there somewhere I can pick up the forms for tuition fees?

Advertisement