Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat Refund F58 for Non Registered Farms

Options
  • 11-04-2014 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi , had Storm Damage to my Farm Sheds recently and Insurance company will only pay out some of what is required to Re roof a shed . I am not registered for Vat but Insurance Company wont Include Vat in Payout as they say that I can claim back Vat through Form 58 Vat58 . I am a bit iffy about this as I downloaded that form and it specifically says that it will not refund Vat for Repairs although I will be looking to Reroof all shed as the wind ripped most of the Corrugated Iron and broke some of the Timber supports in the Process.

Vat58 form will only refund vat for Extensions , Construction and Reconstruction . I think Insurance company is assuming this is a Re construction of the Roof.

Is this a valid assumption on the Insurance Company or are they just trying to get out of paying vat .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Anyone have any issues with this. I'm in similar position to OP insurance assessors settlement offer for storm damage repair is exVAT saying you can reclaim. Now I've reclaimed VAT on new builds & drainage works before with no issue but the is repair thing going to be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

In a case like this i would write to the unregisted vat refunds section in Limerick, with your name and address and PPS number and ask them will they refund the VAT on re-roofing of a hayshed after storm damage.

YOu need the letter for insurance and vat 58 idea. They will write out to you and well if they refund grand, if not present to insurance company and let them pay you the vat difference.

win, win win. its even freepost ;) to revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭kk.man

Folks I put electricity into a farm shed for the first time but the shed is donkeys years old.

My question is can I Re claim vat on the electrical stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I have always engaged the services of an independent assessor to process any storm damage claims and think that it has been money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭kk.man

kk.man wrote: »
    Folks I put electricity into a farm shed for the first time but the shed is donkeys years old.

My question is can I Re claim vat on the electrical stuff?

This is not a storm damage scenario it's just a electrical fitting to an existing shed which had no electricity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

kk.man wrote: »
    This is not a storm damage scenario it's just a electrical fitting to an existing shed which had no electricity?

yes you can claim the cost of putting in electric supply into an old shed

Advertisement