Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Swingset Argos €94.99

Options
  • 11-04-2014 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Solid wooden Swingset in Argos.ie for €94.99

Reduced from €379.99

Coming up as £149.99 on Argos.co.uk so may be a mis-price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Thanks a million. Just ordered one seems like a very good price when comparing to other stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

me too cheers op, happy girl in my house this summer... now to get a summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Good deal, don't see why us culchies should be charged extra for delivery though. "9.95 delivery within Dublin 17.95 rest of country"

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

a few sticks ,a bit of rope and a few bits of plastic . I wouldn't like to have payed 380 euros for it .:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Good deal, don't see why us culchies should be charged extra for delivery though. "9.95 delivery within Dublin 17.95 rest of country"
    Because diesel costs are related to. Distance travelled from warehouse, also wages are based on return. They can do 20 houses in dublin in the time it takes to do 4 houses outside dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

how solid is this? anyone have it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ted1 wrote: »
    Because diesel costs are related to. Distance travelled from warehouse, also wages are based on return. They can do 20 houses in dublin in the time it takes to do 4 houses outside dublin

except when its a nationwide company.......
    I find their home delivery terrible, they give you an all day estimated time and can turn up at 7:30 in the morning like they did with me.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Looks like a hangman game on the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

TheDriver wrote: »
    except when its a nationwide company.......
    I find their home delivery terrible, they give you an all day estimated time and can turn up at 7:30 in the morning like they did with me.........

Home deliveries come from a central depot not the closet store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

sweetie wrote: »
    how solid is this? anyone have it yet?

I don't have this exact set bit have a wooden swing set by plum and very happy with it. Good and strong, mine just hasn't got the climbing part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ted1 wrote: »
    Home deliveries come from a central depot not the closet store

Unless you ordered a closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I've ordered one of these, cheers OP.
    But on closer inspection, one of the swings is just a rope and a yoke to sit on (like a zip wire thing) which is fine, except if two kids are swinging at the same time, what's to stop the child on the zip-wire seat swinging right across the path of the child on the normal swing.

Hmmm

I think I'll put the rope ladder thingy beside the swing and put the zip wire thingy on it's own where the rope ladder is in the picture

Anybody get theirs yet? What's the verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

me too cheers op, happy girl in my house this summer... now to get a summer...

Summer was on Tuesday here last year if I recall correctly, so it should be on a Wednesday this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Akrasia wrote: »
    I've ordered one of these, cheers OP.
    But on closer inspection, one of the swings is just a rope and a yoke to sit on (like a zip wire thing) which is fine, except if two kids are swinging at the same time, what's to stop the child on the zip-wire seat swinging right across the path of the child on the normal swing.

Hmmm

I think I'll put the rope ladder thingy beside the swing and put the zip wire thingy on it's own where the rope ladder is in the picture

I was thinking the same thing. And I will probably do what u suggested with mine. Thanks. Looks very solid overall. 51kg weight while most tubular metal swings weigh half that, even with more things built on.

Out of stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Wooden ladders, talk to me.

back in stock. just purchased. anybody get theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

back in stock. just purchased. anybody get theirs yet?

Yep ..arrived today..looks really sturdy..delighted with it ..be a week or two before we assemble it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

would this need to be secured in theground with cement or is it sturdy enough to just stake in the grass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I bought one and was told delivery was slow but I would hear from delivery company between 15th and 18th which I agreed to.
    I just got a phone call from Argos saying they are out of stock and want to refund me, I have refused, their UK website is showing in stock and I created an account to double check, if I lived in UK they would deliver it tomorrow.

Anyone else get a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

dball wrote: »
    would this need to be secured in theground with cement or is it sturdy enough to just stake in the grass?
    Received mine at the weekend and assembled. Quite sturdy, very happy with it, thanks OP!
    Does need to be fixed to the ground though. It is supplied with 4 holding down brackets, intended to be cast into ground using concrete. I used these, dug 4 small holes (approx 150 x 150 x 300mm deep)and used postmix to anchor to ground, mixing postmix outside the hole, then filling hole and inserting supplied brackets. This method did need careful setting out though, so when I put the swing into position the legs lined up with the brackets!
    The swing could easily be drilled and screwed to concrete path or paving using appropriate fixings too. I'm sure stakes into grass would be fine, though you will need long stakes to make sure the movement of the swing does not loosen them!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Buy Postcrete (20kg bag for €6), you dig the hole, fill the hole with water, pour in the Postcrete up to the level of the water and in 10 minutes you're good for a cup of coffee !! Simples

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

When did you order Zilog?

I ordered on the 24th April

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

loopymum wrote: »
    When did you order Zilog?

I ordered on the 24th April
    Just checked there, ordered on 19th April, received last Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

loopymum wrote: »
    Anyone else get a call?

I got a call Friday, refused there cancellation. They could not give me a delivery date, it looks like they do not want to deliver.

Play the waiting game I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭The lips

I caved and accepted the refund.

Did anyone get there swing set after?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

I got one, told the sister in law, she got one too. Reckon a few got through at the price allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

I got one too. cheers op..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

OT but has there been any sign of the roofed sandpit this year, have I missed it? Our kids love it but the roof is long gone and I don't want to buy more and until I've a new one.

Advertisement