Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a good PC Gaming headset

Options
  • 10-04-2014 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I've been looking around at gaming headset's and have seen mixed feelings about them all. I'm looking to buy one for around €100. I've been told the Razer Kraken Pro but I've also been referred to Astro, Logitech and other brands. All opinions and recommendations would be a big help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I've been looking around at gaming headset's and have seen mixed feelings about them all. I'm looking to buy one for around €100. I've been told the Razer Kraken Pro but I've also been referred to Astro, Logitech and other brands. All opinions and recommendations would be a big help.

I used these for a good while for gaming, no attached mic, a decent usb mic or 3.5mm mic wont set you back too much!

This may also be worth a read!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Forgot your link Marko, guess it's probably MLE's thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Brian wrote: »
    Forgot your link Marko, guess it's probably MLE's thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479

It's been a while and I need a new gaming headset so it'll be good to read the updates, but i'll be stopping at tier C anyway - since the detail in game audio simply is not there anything more is a waste of money IMO.

Brian wrote: »

Well that's awkward.... :o

It's been a while and I need a new gaming headset so it'll be good to read the updates, but i'll be stopping at tier C anyway - since the detail in game audio simply is not there anything more is a waste of money IMO.

I have the X1s myself so all I need now is a BoomMic from V-Moda and I'm set. Excellent read, I had a look see when I thought I posted the link :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

marko93 wrote: »
    I have the X1s myself so all I need now is a BoomMic from V-Moda and I'm set. Excellent read, I had a look see when I thought I posted the link :P

I've been an L1 owner for a couple of years, don't like them for gaming but music sure does sound sweet out of them :D I'm thinking of getting a cheaper set for gaming, more knock-around than mid/high end.

• Advertisement

I've been an L1 owner for a couple of years, don't like them for gaming but music sure does sound sweet out of them :D I'm thinking of getting a cheaper set for gaming, more knock-around than mid/high end.

I find the Superlux 668Bs do a fantastic job for gaming, cheap too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've a pair of Sennheiser PC350s. They're excellent for a closed set. I would go with the open PC360s unless you're like me and require a closed pair because of environmental noise.

Not everyone will swap headphones when going from gaming to listening to music. Or want the expense of two sets. Or be like me and not be able to use their open hi-fi headphones most of the time due to what's going on in the room they have to listen to music in. :P

nesf wrote: »

Not everyone will swap headphones when going from gaming to listening to music. Or want the expense of two sets.

Very true, but the topic is "good PC gaming headset" and the OP doesn't hint at them being used for anything else so my point is quite appropriate for the thread conditions :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Very true, but the topic is "good PC gaming headset" and the OP doesn't hint at them being used for anything else so my point is quite appropriate for the thread conditions :cool:

Sure but, good? Eh, depends on genre, something with a lot of orchestral music and sweeping scores for mood like slower paced RPGs can benefit from nicer headphones. Competitive RTS games, you won't care. With most multiplayer you'll care about mic more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

nesf wrote: »
    Not everyone will swap headphones when going from gaming to listening to music. Or want the expense of two sets. Or be like me and not be able to use their open hi-fi headphones most of the time due to what's going on in the room they have to listen to music in. :P

Two sets for music. No regrets. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bit late I know but I picked up a set of the Skullcandy Slyrs (coming up from Turtle Beach X11s) and I have to say I'm very impressed with them for the money outlaid. Excellent clarity as a headset and the sound quality for everything else is very respectable.

Advertisement