Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planer / Thicknesser

Options
  • 10-04-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have any recommendations for a good single phase 12" planer thicknesser? I had the Jet 260 and sold it a while back because a friend in the local village has a large one he said I could use. I hate bothering him when he's busy and I am kinda sorry I sold mine now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

woodturner wrote: »
    Would anyone have any recommendations for a good single phase 12" planer thicknesser? I had the Jet 260 and sold it a while back because a friend in the local village has a large one he said I could use. I hate bothering him when he's busy and I am kinda sorry I sold mine now.

;) I'm a fan of Scheppach because of the rubber drive system which does not leave roller marks on the wood. The HM3200 ci would suit you and I see two on #bay at present. These are no longer made but are bulletproof. Fitting the blades is a little fiddly as they are not spring loaded but its a minor inconvenience.

Advertisement