Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2gb tablet quad core .

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭mcw92

If you didn't mind the smaller screen size, a nexus 7 would destroy this in every way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Nexus 7 would be a much smarter purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Have the nexus 7 2013 model and its sickkkkkkkkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

sugarman wrote: »
    Horribly overpriced Chinese piece of rubbish

You can get a Samsung galaxy Tab for less than that!

Shows what you know. The specs on your chinese rubbish exceed those of the galaxy tab in a big way and there are many reviews that state it has very good build quality. It is actually a superior tablet to the galaxy tab with similar benchmarks to the nexus 10.

Really dislike posts from ill informed haters who don't have a clue. BTW most of your premium brand tablets are manufactured in China so do you deem those to be chinese rubbish too?
    tharmor wrote: »

Again the cube is actually a superior tablet at a similar price point. It amazes me that people will buy an inferior product just because they recognize the label.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭droidman123

mcw92 wrote: »
    If you didn't mind the smaller screen size, a nexus 7 would destroy this in every way.

there are only minor differences in this tablet and the nexus 7. the main downside is the 3-7 hour battery life, in real terms using games and videos, that would realistically mean about 3-3.5 hours. but. the price is reflected,so I suppose everything is relative. I wouldn't swap my nexus tablets for anything, but for the price, I wouldn't put anyone off buying the op.s tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

zarquon wrote: »
    Again the cube is actually a superior tablet at a similar price point. It amazes me that people will buy an inferior product just because they recognize the label.
    But more often than not, the no-name style tablets flake out on the likes of battery and screen, little aftermarket/custom ROM support, etc. It's one thing if it's something considerably cheaper but at this price bracket you can easily get one of the higher-end tablets on the market which you know will have solid support and consistent hardware/battery inside. It's not snobbery so much as cautiousness.

3-7 hours life does not sound hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

tharmor wrote: »

+ 1

I prefer this ^^ to a 2012 Nexus 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

The main thing these Chinese tablets lack is support, they stay on the version of Android they ship with and usually only get a single update and are doomed to live with any bugs after. Things work OK when you get them but as Android is ever evolving that doesn't last long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Lamposts wrote: »

might wanna get it looked at

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

The main thing these Chinese tablets lack is support, they stay on the version of Android they ship with and usually only get a single update and are doomed to live with any bugs after. Things work OK when you get them but as Android is ever evolving that doesn't last long

Can these Chinese tablets be wiped and have, say, Cyanogenmod installed on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The number 5 button is stuck on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Innit blud ya get me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭T-Bird

redt0m wrote: »
    Can these Chinese tablets be wiped and have, say, Cyanogenmod installed on them?

Mostly no, I don’t know of one that does yet. Not even massed produced ones like the Asus HD7 has one. I think it’s because of the MTK processors and that the manufacturers do don’t provide the open source code (ASOP) for the firmware.

Also, I have 2 tablets (from reading bargains....) Hyundai T7 from China and the Asus HD7 from Tesco. The Hyundai is better spec wise than the Asus, but the battery life is total trash, would be lucky to get 2 hours on a full charge. The Asus will go all day and then some. I think it was a fantastic buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It's usually a device-specific factor, whether they get supported officially or have a user create a custom ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The number 5 button is stuck on it!

Ehh .. It's a tablet .. Hello

• Registered Users Posts: 30,070 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

mcw92 wrote: »

Not recommending this particular tablet but nexus 7 is missing a few things this has. The screen on this is higher resolution, this has an micro SD slot which nexus doesn't and nexus also has no HDMI out.

As has been already said, the Cyanogen team only support the most popular devices with open source hardware.
    alexxxfay wrote: »
    I can not totally agree with you. There are some brands who has community to support them.
    alexxxfay wrote: »
    It depends on the brands. I know several forums talking about Chinese tablets.

This is not the same. Most times these forums exist to fix and workaround bugs the manufacturer doesn't want to release updates for. Without open source hardware there is very little that can be done other than trying to fix and hack the manufacturers ROM. The Cyanogen team can do so much more with the source code. I certainly wouldn't buy any Chinese tablet that doesn't have Cyanogen support

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

it seems the jurys out on my bargain .. well my friend got his today he lives in germany and he says its great...........
    i still say its a deal............ i know china has question marks all over it but then again .. unbranded stuff ive seen and oem etc....... i read once that the samsung family re making the s4 in 3 different outlets . and all different factorys but branded as the same.......................................

• Advertisement

samsclub wrote: »
    i read once that the samsung family re making the s4 in 3 different outlets . and all different factorys but branded as the same.......................................

I don't see what that has to do with it, Samsung release the source code, you can go to their website and download it if you want. They give the community developers the tools to fix and modify their devices. They even have been known to give out free hardware to the modding community for them to get to work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭samsclub

well people slating the china stuff nokia are getting the cell phone batterys made in india and china for years and re branding them . stuff like that pal i mean .

samsclub wrote: »
    well people slating the china stuff nokia are getting the cell phone batterys made in india and china for years and re branding them . stuff like that pal i mean .

We are not disputing the quality of the gear, we are questioning the support. Android is ever evolving, it gets a major upgrade once or twice a year. Apps then get updated to support the latest version and at the same time app makers drop support for older versions.

While the tablet may be an OK device now, ask yourself the following questions.
    • How long will that last? (pig in a bag)
    • Will the manufacturer release updates to fix any problems? (most Chinese get one update)
    • What version of Android is the device running, how old is that? (already a yr old, Nov 2012)
    • Will the manufacturer update the device to newer versions of Android that come later? (no chance)

For not much more you'd get a Nexus device that has support, has the latest version of Android and will be supported in the future

Advertisement