Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i claim sfp before buying ?

Options
  • 10-04-2014 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭

Ive farmed and claimed the last 3 yrs but for various reasons wont get fully stocked ( if at all ) before april 15.
    Can i still put my maps in , in anticipation of buying cattle over the next month or so, teagasc cant see me till the end of april !
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

cjmc wrote: »
    Ive farmed and claimed the last 3 yrs but for various reasons wont get fully stocked ( if at all ) before april 15.
    Can i still put my maps in , in anticipation of buying cattle over the next month or so, teagasc cant see me till the end of april !
    Thanks

Is it not on an average over a certain number of months? Or is that das?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

simx wrote: »
    Is it not on an average over a certain number of months? Or is that das?

Not sure myself. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Thanks

for SFP you have to keep the land in good condition, there's no min stocking rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Thanks

I dont know about stocking . But I would ask around if there are any good advisors that might see you sooner if teagasc are leaving you wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

rancher wrote: »
    for SFP you have to keep the land in good condition, there's no min stocking rate

Unless you own commonage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Unless you own commonage.
    Forgot that, what's the minimum stocking rate.

rancher wrote: »
    Forgot that, what's the minimum stocking rate.

0.15 LU HA, works out to a ewe per hectare, roughly. Unless the farmer is in an environmental plan, then a derogation can apply.

Thanks for the replies. Not commonage
    Just havent been able to get ready till now. Where do i find a ag advisor ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Thanks for the replies. Not commonage
    Just havent been able to get ready till now. Where do i find a ag advisor ?

I would ask locally . Where are you based and im sure someone here could recommend one

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bikes

Deadline is may 15th not April 15th and put in your map no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Disadvantaged Area payment is dependant on a minimum stocking rate.
    Single Farm Payment is not.

Quite a substantial number of farmers failed to trigger their Disadvantaged payment last year.

The Disadvantaged payment does not require a separate application, it is included in the Single Farm Payment application. (Green sheet, you should have by now)
    If you are entitled to the Disadvantaged payment, and have the required minimum livestock units for 7 months of the year, you will automatically receive payment.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Disadvantaged Area payment is dependant on a minimum stocking rate.
    Single Farm Payment is not.

To claim SFP you are obliged to keep eligible land in GAEC. On lowland, this can be achieved with machinery. On commonage it can't, therefore an adequate stocking level is required to keep commonage land in GAEC. The alternative is to burn it all, which I am led to believe isn't acceptable.

bikes wrote: »
    Deadline is may 15th not April 15th and put in your map no bother.

Just spotted that :))
    Phew

Advertisement