Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I line this dress?

Options
  • 10-04-2014 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

00065174-02.jpg

I've fallen in love with this dress from Forever21. It's light and perfect for summer (I live in a hot climate) but it's see through. You'd notice any colour underwear beneath it. What would be best to line it? Getting a slip or some material for a dressmaker to sow a lining in it?
    Materials, from website, are:SHell1 : 100% rayon; Shell 2: 100% nylon; Lining: 100% polyester
    Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

My favourite lining is silk habitue but that might add weight to the dress. A slip might be a more practical solution. I got a lovely half one in Debenhams [invisable half slip] and I find it really good. Comes in black and nude..

Just looking at the pic of the dress, I'd be doubtful if sewing in a lining would work. The fabric looks very lightweight and sheer.

Advertisement