Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs dilemma

Options
  • 09-04-2014 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Ok me and 3 mates are organising as limo to our debs. The max I can find in a limo is 8 so 4 + 4 dates. I was invited by my other mets to go and when another of friends heard this he invited him self. Here's the dilemma.
    He also said he was getting a party bus but is also saying he is coming with us. There is no room for him as we have it organised. He is as good mate and I don't want to loose him and he is the the sort of person who will overreact and hold a grudge.
    What will I do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Just be honest and tell your story as it is. I'd even say that you spoke with the limo company and tried (say as if you really tried!) to allow him/and his partner with ye but for health and safety reasons they can't allow this to happen. Apologise yet say that they did get back to you first and that it's not exclusion in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

If it were my mate, I'd bail on the limo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Look you tell him you rang up the company and told them you wanted to have a bigger limo for him to come too. They said can't you booked it. You say you said you unbook so . They said you lose your deposit.

Shoulder blame on the company, and the loss of money.

Look he saying he getting party bus, and saying he going with you. I think you know your mate by now. He will make you feel bad for his lack of organisation but I'm sure will shrug his shoulders if at last minute he pulls out of limo idea if you had a bigger limo. Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Tell your friend that the limo only takes 8 and you and your date were offered the last two spaces in the limo and there is no more space.

Your friend doesn't really have any concrete plans if he is planning on going in the limo and the bus at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Limo in my opinion is a complete waste of money. You are better off saving it for beer money and such but thats just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Limo in my opinion is a complete waste of money. You are better off saving it for beer money and such but thats just my opinion.

Probably yes,but how else do we get there ?

Did your debs committee not arrange a bus to take your year to the debs hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Did your debs committee not arrange a bus to take your year to the debs hotel?

They organised one back but we have to make our own way there

They organised one back but we have to make our own way there
    Thats a bit silly in my opinion. Did they say why they won't organise a bus to the venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Go on the bus from your school if there is one organised. Just saw that it's only one way which is a bit daft. Ask around at school if there is interest in getting a bus to the debs. Even private mini bus hire between 15-20 of you would probably work out cheaper than a limo

• Advertisement
Advertisement