Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E40 off any smartphone with O2

Options
  • 09-04-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

This months Dunnes vouchers are offering a voucher for E40 off any prepay smartphone when you upgrade or port your number over to O2 valid till 15th May.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Details? Link?
    Seems like an interesting offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,717 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If you are a Dunnes Stores value card holder, the voucher was part of the latest mailing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If you are a Dunnes Stores value card holder, the voucher was part of the latest mailing
    Thanks for that, I'll be on the lookup.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Does it work online or only in store?, haven't got the dunnes vouchers yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

That's in-store offer only and it's good for phones under €200.
    O2 online store usually has €20 off on each phone and you might get 20% discount with priority moments when you upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BizTalker

I had unpleasant experiences trying to redeem this coupon against lower range smart phone.O2 store manager in Limerick told me that I am oblidged to top up €20 when I purchase a phone with this voucher. This was not in the T&C inside and I questioned his statement. He acknowledged that but insisted upon 'his rule'.On the following day I entered another store and was told that I simply choose the desired smart phone and total is going to be discounted with the value of the voucher. No compulsory top up rule was mentioned this time. Then I presented the voucher and asked for the cheapest smart phone. The assistant went in the store room and came back in a min explaining that the same phone was out of stock and gave me no garantee that it will be stocked again although it was widely advertised accross the store as a present bargain.After all this I felt that this discount voucher was not 'kindly' accepted in 02 stores.Buying mid and upper range smart phone from O2 stores is not an option for me as even after €40 discount, the prices are not as comperitive as in othe stores.At the end of the day this discount voucher is nothing but a trash in my recycling bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I'd like the O2 rep here on boards to answer BizTalks post. Because I have found problems with a store in limerick as well. The minute you buy something off them their attitude changes. Sale completed they don't want to know you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Bring it up here:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1479

It seems unacceptable for individual stores to make up their own rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

BizTalker wrote: »
    I had unpleasant experiences trying to redeem this coupon against lower range smart phone.O2 store manager in Limerick told me that I am oblidged to top up €20 when I purchase a phone with this voucher. This was not in the T&C inside and I questioned his statement. He acknowledged that but insisted upon 'his rule'.On the following day I entered another store and was told that I simply choose the desired smart phone and total is going to be discounted with the value of the voucher. No compulsory top up rule was mentioned this time. Then I presented the voucher and asked for the cheapest smart phone. The assistant went in the store room and came back in a min explaining that the same phone was out of stock and gave me no garantee that it will be stocked again although it was widely advertised accross the store as a present bargain.After all this I felt that this discount voucher was not 'kindly' accepted in 02 stores.Buying mid and upper range smart phone from O2 stores is not an option for me as even after €40 discount, the prices are not as comperitive as in othe stores.At the end of the day this discount voucher is nothing but a trash in my recycling bin.

To be fair, you can't really blame a salesperson for not guaranteeing the phone would be back in stock. If the phone in question is selling very well with the offer, it can be here to keep stock up. Maybe the phone is no longer being made and so they wanted to clear the remaining stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 BizTalker

Sonics2k wrote: »
    To be fair, you can't really blame a salesperson for not guaranteeing the phone would be back in stock. If the phone in question is selling very well with the offer, it can be here to keep stock up. Maybe the phone is no longer being made and so they wanted to clear the remaining stock?
    Don't get me wrong, I am far from throwing the blame on the front line assistant!
    I am simply trying to share my experience with the attempts to utilize that voucher and I have this gut feeling that € 40 OFF the price of a low range smart phone costing 59.99 - 79.99 in O2 store is way too much of a saving to surrender. This voucher expires 15th May and it would be really funny if cheap smart phones start to pile up their window displays after that day :)
    In O2-Cruises Str. Limerick I was figuratively told by the manager to bugger off with this voucher unless I spend €20 on top ups (there is nothing like this stated on the voucher). I would say it out loud that this is simply ridiculous conduct and it should be looked into by O2. T&C on offers are there to set up rules for merchants and customers and if every single O2 store tries to implement their own rules then this offers are simply rubbish and O2 should be aware that some of their stores behave as garage outlets. The fact that this offer is treated different by various stores of the same company does not inspire confidence that I am dealing with professional merchant, simple as that.
    An just to top it up I'll give you some sums -
    Sony Experia E as of present is offered at:
    €79.99 in O2 stores
    €59.99 on O2 website
    If I am to buy this phone in O2 store - Cruises street, Limerick:
    €79.99 (Cost) + €20 (Compulsory Top up as per management own rules)= €99.99 - €40 (Discount Voucher) = €59.99 :)
    Where is my benefit out of this voucher for which I have spent my hard earned cash in Dunnes stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A lot of vouchers are of dubious value. This is a good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I never got one of these from Value Club, wonder might it still come?

Advertisement