Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on the job training

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently doing an online course for CCNA certification through FAS (doing the 2-step approach and currently on ICND1). I was wondering if there are any people out there who are working in networking who could offer a bit of actual field work or maybe some 1-1 coaching or something along those lines.

Now I don't want this for free so keep reading, please.

Specifically I am looking for freelancers/self-employed in the networking environment who I could tag along with in order to get some real-world experience. Alternatively anyone experienced in the field who has a kinda lab setup to use and who can give a bit of advice and coaching.

Now, as I said, I don't expect anything for free. I'd be happy to do or pay for this. For example, if there's a freelancer taking me along I'd be happy to do the driving in my car and cover all fuel costs etc.

Alternatively, I would be happy to pay an agreed rate as compensation (as long as it's not outragous, considering I only have a part time casual job at the moment) do any grunt work involved, etc.

I'm open to suggestions (no sexual favours though :D ).

Please get in touch if you can help.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Are you currently employed/unemployed? How far are you in to the CCNA course?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

As I mentioned, I am working part time casual at the moment. My work is rather seasonal (busiest during the summer- not much on right now). Am about 3/4 through the course at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

Kinet1c wrote: »
    Are you currently employed/unemployed? How far are you in to the CCNA course?

Just to clarify, I am on the unemployment register (actually doing this course through FAS/SOLAS) so am entitled to support from them, if that makes the decision easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

simplybam wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I am on the unemployment register (actually doing this course through FAS/SOLAS) so am entitled to support from them, if that makes the decision easier

I was going to suggest you do jobbridge internship. I'd a quick look the other day and there appears to be 4/5 network positions that would be suitable once you've got your ccna.

Advertisement