Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32gb IPAD 1 refurb for 210.79

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I wouldn't spend money on a first gen ipad. It doesn't even run ios6, never mind ios7. It's seriously outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I had one until recently and because there is no camera, alot of the games just dont work.
    Apple stopped supporting it about 2 years ago which really irked me, but its a solid piece of gear with excellent battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Its just had its 4th anniversary too, it would be madness dropping the 200 eur on this. Many good android and windows tablets cost around this, an Ipad mini is like 90 quid more and has much better app support.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I wouldn't spend money on a first gen ipad. It doesn't even run ios6, never mind ios7. It's seriously outdated.

Even at launch it felt a bit underpowered and occasionally laggy. ipad 2 was a huge improvement in every way and it's still quite decent with iOS6, but I still wouldn't even recommend that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Much better value out there at this price point in the android space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Worth paying a bit more for iPad 3 refurbs on ebay. Not a good deal IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

iPad 2 supports iOS7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

For an extra €10-ish you can get a Nexus 7 2013, who in their right mind would consider this a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

For an extra €10-ish you can get a Nexus 7 2013, who in their right mind would consider this a bargain?

The Bargain Alerts thread is getting hit with some whoppers lately tbf... 210 for an out of date tablet, sweet jesus:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Off topic but I feel bad for OP or for anyone posting a bargain alert the past while---it seems plenty of folk ready to shoot them down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Off topic but I feel bad for OP or for anyone posting a bargain alert the past while---it seems plenty of folk ready to shoot them down.

Actually you're totally right.

OP, it's nothing against you but the Bargain Alert is lacking in the latter.

My post might have come off as slightly aggressive which I apologise for, this could very well be a bargain for collectors or the like.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The problem is, the bargain alerts forum is really valuable, but only when actual bargains are posted. Some of the stuff going up recently you'd have to wonder what the posters are thinking.

Common sense would surely tell anyone that 2nd hand 4 year old tablets are not worth 200 quid. This isn't so much a case of "not a bargain" as it is "borderline ripoff"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

The problem is, the bargain alerts forum is really valuable, but only when actual bargains are posted. Some of the stuff going up recently you'd have to wonder what the posters are thinking.

Common sense would surely tell anyone that 2nd hand 4 year old tablets are not worth 200 quid. This isn't so much a case of "not a bargain" as it is "borderline ripoff"

+1

Advertisement