Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting cloud!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

Sea fog big deal, the usual over hype by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Also known as sea fog. I guess in dry areas like that they dont see them much. Killiney hill gets this type of weather pretty much every time there is a SE wind.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

What an odd article...

Some nice pictures but just plain old sea fog rather than the apocalyptic cement cloud of doom the article talks about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I just thought it was an interesting picture.
    Agreed that its an odd article but then again look where its from :D
    It was all I could find on it tbh but had heard about it from a friend who was there at the time and they even shut down the airport :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

it did look awesome :)

but fog often does shut down airports :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Rikand wrote: »
    it did look awesome :)

but fog often does shut down airports :)

I suppose why I found it interesting is that I know the area quite well and the airport is a good deal away from where the picture was taken(well for sea fog it is a good distance to travel):)

Advertisement