Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Andy Dunne11

Options
  • 09-04-2014 12:20am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Noclight a newbie this time around. Ladies, gentlemen, and SW I give the eleventh iteration of Andrew Dunne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,022 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Who?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I'll start with the obvious-What happened the other 10 Andy Dunnes?:eek:
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Any relation to Ben?
    Do you get a discount at Dunnes Stores?
    Have you ever let go of a golf club while hitting a golf ball?
    Who are you backing in the Masters?
    What's the last holiday you went on?
    Have you ever locked yourself out of your house/car?
    What's the most expensive thing you broke?

I will be gentle on you to start with. Full interrogation will commence when you least expect it.

You never expect the Ted Inquisition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

what is your fav colour?
    what is the average airspeed of a swallow?
    ever cheat in a test?
    if you could be a woman for a day what would you do?
    whats in the Bag?
    whats your average swingspeed?
    do you think tiger woods is finished?

I'll think of more I'm sure

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Tell the truth, the fun of golf is rallying around on the golf caddies, isn't it? :P
    what age did you first start playing golf?
    do you compete in golf competitions or do you just play it as a hobby?
    which golf club would recommend to fend off a home invader?
    fan of the Caddyshack movies? :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I'll start with the obvious-What happened the other 10 Andy Dunnes?:eek:
    :p

There were no other Andy Dunnes, just like James Bond is a '00' agent, I'm the slightly less glamorous '11' version. :rolleyes:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Any relation to Ben? No, thankfully I think!

Do you get a discount at Dunnes Stores? Unfortunately not. Although I've yet to say, actually I'm a Dunne too you know while in there.

Have you ever let go of a golf club while hitting a golf ball? Yes, definitely once when it was very wet. Maybe more I cant remember though.

Who are you backing in the Masters? Rank outsider Matt Every.

What's the last holiday you went on? Dungarvan last summer.

Have you ever locked yourself out of your house/car? Yes and no.

What's the most expensive thing you broke? Definitely my car, a lovely Peugeot 307 estate I wrote off in an accident many years ago.

I will be gentle on you to start with. Full interrogation will commence when you least expect it. :eek:

You never expect the Ted Inquisition.

Thanks Ted, I'll be on the lookout for your next attack!

cgh wrote: »
    what is your fav colour? Red
    what is the average airspeed of a swallow? Depends on who is doing the swallowing :p
    ever cheat in a test? Never
    if you could be a woman for a day what would you do? Be late for everything.
    whats in the Bag? A bit of everything. King Cobra driver, various woods, Mizuno irons, Forgan putter, loads of balls, tees, ball markers, 2 golf towels, rule book, pencils.
    whats your average swingspeed? Very fast. I make a balls of it if I swing slow.
    do you think tiger woods is finished? No. He's just readjusting.

I'll think of more I'm sure
    Thanks cgh :D

SW wrote: »
    Tell the truth, the fun of golf is rallying around on the golf caddies, isn't it? :P I dont use them. I can still walk.
    what age did you first start playing golf? I only joined a golf club when I was about 32 after I stopped playing proper footy but I had played a few times before that.
    do you compete in golf competitions or do you just play it as a hobby? I play in competitions most weekend but do have casual rounds too.
    which golf club would recommend to fend off a home invader? Whichever one you can get your hands on first. If you have time then go with a nice straight 3 iron!
    fan of the Caddyshack movies? Oh yes! :pac:
    Thanks SW, do call by again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

"ello Mr D... care for a round of.....
    ...tennis perhaps? :rolleyes:
    dog-graphics-shar-pei-537077.gif
    are you a dog or cat person?

care for a fight?
    smiley-face-punching.gif
    ...gimme yer best shot, mistur smiley_blackeye.gif

since you are a visual person, would you please show us a pic of...
    ...what you look like before your morning coffee
    ...your fave PGA player
    ...what you would like for supper
    ...a celeb you could canoodle with if you werent so much in love with the missus
    ...a fave athlete

Thanks, cheers to you and see you soon.
    Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Beer-Cheers-Reaction-Gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

How goes Andy:)

Golfing heroes?

Favourite course to play on?

Clubs of choice??

Fave Irish sports star?

Were you watching the footy tonight, great result for Atletico!;)

Is this the Pool's year?

Have you been to Anfield?

Fave players of the 80's,90's an 00's?

Recommend 3 movies you've seen recently?

What brought you to boards?

Ever meet any boardsies?

Snog. Marry , Avoid...... which 3 noc's?
    Are you embarassed by your passport photo?
    Do you know who your postman is?
    Whats the worst score you got in a round of golf?
    What's you favourite golfcourse you would love to play on?
    have you ever gone camping?
    Have you ever blocked a toilet?
    If you were on Death Row, what would your last meal be?
    Do you have any pets?
    What is a good name to call a giraffe?
    If you were president for a day, what new law would you pass?

TommieBoy wrote: »
    "ello Mr D... care for a round of.....
    ...tennis perhaps? :rolleyes:
    dog-graphics-shar-pei-537077.gif
    are you a dog or cat person? I prefer dogs but we have cats, go figure!

care for a fight?
    smiley-face-punching.gif
    ...gimme yer best shot, mistur smiley_blackeye.gifI'd never hit a lady :)

since you are a visual person, would you please show us a pic of...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_td1uWOYARBehWPP0iWKYevFdq45tki0Bj2KOwxNqqYzygXN8nA
    ...what you look like before your morning coffee - a lot like this^ I reckon only with more stubble.

...your fave PGA player images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7zqebIL2kYiKvR-phv8uI1h5wOMYnA7Xdgrv0PKFs83QA9F
    Too many golfers I really like to pick just one so I picked ^Peter Uihlein (USA) who I am hoping will make a big breakthrough this year. Seen him play in last years Irish Opn and he seems like a nice guy and a good golfer.

...what you would like for supper images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Gd4Iwhtoz70mwF246e9dmuXxOKZUl1XyAVShCPzUi4j1ftRommm lasagne........

...a celeb you could canoodle with if you werent so much in love with the missus ..... could be skating on thin ice here!Gemma Hayes images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsRJNFjqWi5Pg4QRztgx-aDpx_i6EnDQHunJhP11EqAX5mtNf4

...a fave athlete images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxOQSZt5qJQnWCmqD7dQubAJlXPC7rY0uyh_LKXjH21NPx2NiM1QEamon Coghlan, my favourite athlete of all time.

Thanks, cheers to you and see you soon.
    Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Beer-Cheers-Reaction-Gif.gif

Thanks TommieB, I hope you'll be back for more soon!

Hiya Grid.
    Grid. wrote: »
    How goes Andy:)

Golfing heroes? Seve Ballesteros all the way. He would have been 57 today.

Favourite course to play on? I love playing Moate where I am a member but my favourite away courses include The Heritage, West Waterford and Portumna.

Clubs of choice?? I have Mizuno irons.

Fave Irish sports star? Currently I would say jockey Richard Hughes.

Were you watching the footy tonight, great result for Atletico!;) I watched Utd fail miserably :D but happy for Athletico too.

Is this the Pool's year? You know I think it just might be.

Have you been to Anfield? Yes, I've been twice. A few years back we beat Arsenal 1-0 (Garcia scored a late winner) and again last December when we beat Cardiff 3-1 and Luis Suarez was magnificent.

Fave players of the 80's,90's an 00's? Kenny Dalglish, Robbie Fowler, Xabi Alonso.

Recommend 3 movies you've seen recently? The Out of Towners (Jack Lemmon), American Hustle (Christian Bale & Amy Adams), Despicable Me 2 (Steve Carell).

What brought you to boards? The golf thread initially, then the puzzles, then TommieB expanded my boards horizons lol.

Ever meet any boardsies? Not that I know of but sure I could be passing ye in the street any day!

Cheers Grid. thanks for stopping by :D

Snog. Marry , Avoid...... which 3 noc's? Married man pleads the 5th on the grounds that it might incriminate me....... you're on the avoid listing just for asking lol. ;)

Are you embarassed by your passport photo? Not any more but my first passport years ago had a right peach of a photo!

Do you know who your postman is? It was Paddy but I seen a younger lad the other day and I haven't a clue who he is. Maybe Paddy retired?

Whats the worst score you got in a round of golf? Do you think I am some sort of sad statto that would have this kept on a spreadsheet and can conjure it up at the touch of a button?????? :rolleyes: Well, it was 117 on the 28/4/2002 in Moate and I had five 7's, an 8, a 9, a 10 and even an 11. :o

What's you favourite golfcourse you would love to play on? Augusta, no question.

have you ever gone camping? Hundreds of times. But not for many years now.

Have you ever blocked a toilet? Not intentionally but hey sh&& happens!! :eek:

If you were on Death Row, what would your last meal be? A long one. Boom boom!!

Do you have any pets? We have a rabbit and some cats but none of them are mine exactly. I just pay for their food, feed them and clean them.

What is a good name to call a giraffe? Naomi

If you were president for a day, what new law would you pass? That all politicians be paid the minimum wage for the honour of representing the people of this great country.

Thanks Ted, keep her lit :D

There were no other Andy Dunnes, just like James Bond is a '00' agent, I'm the slightly less glamorous '11' version. :rolleyes:
    ecc8757c-051a-4d2c-9fa6-13e846cf947f_zpsa9709d42.jpg
    You have a favourite... Bond girl?
    Can crop circles be square?
    Are caddys overrated?
    What colour would you like yer golf cart to be?
    If ghosts can walk through walls and glide down stairs, why don't they fall through the floor?
    Ever seen a ghost? :eek:
    :eek: Spiders :eek:
    mHsgx6g.gif
    Isn't it the man's job to kill the bug? :eek:
    Any animals, critters, or bugs give you the heebie jeebies?

Is this your style, on the links?
    John-Daly.jpg
    Would you prefer a kilt? :D

Best thing about a day on the links?
    Any upcoming tournaments?

Thank you Double 011
    tumblr_lkwf2wQRLR1qc8hgi.gif

ecc8757c-051a-4d2c-9fa6-13e846cf947f_zpsa9709d42.jpg
    ooh I like that TommieB^ :D

You have a favourite... Bond girl? Of the early Bond's I quite like Daniele Bianchi who played Tatiana Romanova in 'From Russia With Love' tatiana.jpg

Can crop circles be square? I don't see why not.

Are caddys overrated? No.

What colour would you like yer golf cart to be? Ferrari red with a white roof please.

If ghosts can walk through walls and glide down stairs, why don't they fall through the floor? Coz then a lot of films would look stupid with ghosts plummeting through floors all the time.

Ever seen a ghost? :eek: Yes, I think I have. Of course it was more likely to be my mind playing tricks but I'm not sure.
    :eek: Spiders :eek:
    mHsgx6g.gif
    Isn't it the man's job to kill the bug? :eek: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNSFW0ryYQciAsznuVIt1cEMxhQVtk9SDVmRsYg8FLxpgxNDroSQDon't panic, I'll take care of him. I mean in an Al Pacino sort of way rather than the Doris Day sort of way too!

Any animals, critters, or bugs give you the heebie jeebies? Rats.

Is this your style, on the links?
    John-Daly.jpg
    No definitely not. I am a tad more subtle than that ^

Would you prefer a kilt? :DNo ta, we don't get the weather for them!

Best thing about a day on the links? Not losing a lot of balls. Actually don't play links that often as it's definitely tougher than the parkland courses I play.

Any upcoming tournaments? Not playing at all this weekend.

Thank you Double 011
    tumblr_lkwf2wQRLR1qc8hgi.gif

You're very welcome TommieB. :D

If you had to leave An Íar Mhí, which county would you move to?
    Are you a leftie or rightie?
    What weapon would you use in an zombie attack?
    Are you a fight or flight type of person?
    Have you been telling the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth during your time in the noclight?
    Will you resubmit for a round2?
    Are you watching the Masters?
    Why is Bubba called Bubba?
    Am I still on the avoid list?
    Who is your favourite Tellytubby?
    Could you use a frozen egg as a golf ball?

If you had to leave An Íar Mhí, which county would you move to? Wicklow or Waterford, I like counties starting with W, maybe even Wexford!
    Are you a leftie or rightie? Rightie
    What weapon would you use in an zombie attack? My disarming wit and bad jokes.
    Are you a fight or flight type of person? A bit of both.
    Have you been telling the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth during your time in the noclight? Pretty much.
    Will you resubmit for a round2? Absolutely, if they'll allow me back.
    Are you watching the Masters? Saw half an hour last night, none tonight. Will watch a lot tomorrow night and Sunday though.
    Why is Bubba called Bubba? It was a nickname his Dad gave him apparently.
    Am I still on the avoid list? No, the list is gone. I don't keep lists for long I always lose them.
    Who is your favourite Tellytubby? Tinky Winky for no particular reason other than one of the kids used to have the doll lying about the place.
    Could you use a frozen egg as a golf ball? I'd give it a go out the field at the back maybe but not on a proper golf course. It wouldn't be etiquettinal.

Cheers Ted.

What weapon would you use in an zombie attack? My disarming wit and bad jokes.
    Quick Andeh, have any jokes to stop them, before nocland is wiped out? :eek:
    tumblr_m89a0kwU3w1r5ur0ho1_500.gif

How many golfers does it take to change a light bulb? ...is it ..... FORE??? :D:P
    Ever played a round with a ;) FOREsome?
    What FORE adjectives describe you, Andy? :D
    So, turn to page 11 (in honour of you) of any book on your shelf and read us the FOREth line please (ok, no more 4 jokes) :rolleyes:
    What is the forth FIRST thing you notice about people? (sorry :o last one, promise)
    What's the last compliment you received?
    Do you prefer texting or talking?
    How many PM's are in your inbox?
    In what forum do you post most?
    If you could live anywhere (other than where you are now) where would you choose and why?
    Your idea of the best holiday ever, would be...
    Seen any good movies lately?
    Favourite midnight snack?
    Ever tried this??? When you click "match me" what does it say, if you dont mind posting the results that is :o

Cheers and many thanks Mr. Dunne :)
    giphy.gif
    you done a great job in the noclight my friend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Do you still get to drive an Aston Martin or is it more like a Morris Marina?

What colour would you like yer golf cart to be? Ferrari red with a white roof please.
    Will this Lamborghini do?
    pic06.jpg

Do you still get to drive an Aston Martin or is it more like a Morris Marina?

In my heart it's an Aston Martin but.......

Quick Andeh, have any jokes to stop them, before nocland is wiped out? :eek:
    tumblr_m89a0kwU3w1r5ur0ho1_500.gif

Q: What does Batgirl wear to bed?
    A: Her Dark Knight gown!

That ought to hold them off for a while :p

How many golfers does it take to change a light bulb? ...is it ..... FORE??? :D:P Apparently it is fore!
    Ever played a round with a ;) FOREsome? I have - frequently!
    What FORE adjectives describe you, Andy? :DReliable, determined, easy-going, movielover.
    So, turn to page 11 (in honour of you) of any book on your shelf and read us the FOREth line please (ok, no more 4 jokes) :rolleyes: George Alfred Moore was 23 and a police constable stat ioned at Bow Street. (It's from Roger Moore's autobiography "My Word Is My Bond").
    What is the forth FIRST thing you notice about people? (sorry :o last one, promise) Smile ;)
    What's the last compliment you received? Someone just said this and it was very nice. "you done a great job in the noclight my friend! "
    Do you prefer texting or talking? Talking (but sometimes it's easier to text).
    How many PM's are in your inbox? 105
    In what forum do you post most? Probably 'puzzles & quizzes'.
    If you could live anywhere (other than where you are now) where would you choose and why? Wicklow, it's the county I'm from. If I was to move abroad and money was no object, I'd love Italy.
    Your idea of the best holiday ever, would be... A golfing trip to USA including playing at Augusta. Although anywhere with the family is good too!
    Seen any good movies lately? American Hustle was pretty enjoyable.
    Favourite midnight snack? Crackers and cheese.
    Ever tried this??? When you click "match me" what does it say, if you dont mind posting the results that is :oWoodchuck "leads" by a mile. Too many lads in there for me to publish the rest :confused:

Cheers and many thanks Mr. Dunne :)You're welcome as always. You've made my time in the noclight much fun TommieB.
    giphy.gif
    you done a great job in the noclight my friend!
    I thank you :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

We is done now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement