Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fertiliser and harrow

Options
  • 08-04-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

what would you do first apply fertiliser and then harrow or the other way around? or does it matter??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

eorna wrote: »
    what would you do first apply fertiliser and then harrow or the other way around? or does it matter??

Not sure but I harrowed first today and spread over

I like to spread all the ****e and open up the sward and broadcast granules over that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

harrow first

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

jt65 wrote: »
    harrow first

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Harrow first, then fert and let the drill cover it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

What's this harrow business? More diesel burning?

• Advertisement

What's this harrow business? More diesel burning?

Makes a great job of the swarth as it removes any moss, dead grass and weeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Reggie. wrote: »
    Makes a great job of the swarth as it removes any moss, dead grass and weeds

So does grazing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Slightly off topic, but I've some paddocks poached by cows, most of it not the worst, however some will definitely need work to recover properly. Will the like of this be any use?

http://www.donedeal.ie/harrows-for-sale/new-trailed-chain-harrows/6527232

Timmaay wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I've some paddocks poached by cows, most of it not the worst, however some will definitely need work to recover properly. Will the like of this be any use?

http://www.donedeal.ie/harrows-for-sale/new-trailed-chain-harrows/6527232

Might be but you would want a railway sleeper or something on it for weight I reckon

Advertisement