Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plex client for Android 59p on Amazon.uk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

dregin wrote: »
    Laptop or PC running plex server are free (apart from electricity obv :))

Don't really get the point in plex subscriptions.
    I thought buying a sub would allow me to stream to phone or tablet while off line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭bromley52

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    I thought buying a sub would allow me to stream to phone or tablet while off line.

You need to have the plex server running somewhere be it a computer, laptop or NAS setup but it needs to be running in order to stream. If you have a computer running all the time then put it on that. Get a NAS as I think every home should have one. It's like your own personal cloud using a fraction of the power of a computer. I do the majority of my computing from my smart phone and use the NAS has my storage while at home or away. Any important files on my computer I can back up wirelessly to it. Media streaming (plex or not) to multiple devices at once makes it a must have. Bye bye dvd and bluray.

Advertisement