Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone with physical qwerty keyboard?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good and cheap pay as you go phone I can get that has a physical qwerty keypad on it?

I'm not fussy about brands, or camera, or other features as I just want to see how I find the qwerty keyboard before I choose between Blackberry Z10 and Q10.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Thanks Davy but that's a bit on the expensive side for what I need :(
    I am looking at the vodafone snapchat now.

The Nokia Asha would have been great for this experiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

You can't compare other keyboards with Blackberry's. They work quite differently. The way they predict and auto complete words. Not to mention the physical keyboard quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

beauf wrote: »
    You can't compare other keyboards with Blackberry's. They work quite differently. The way they predict and auto complete words. Not to mention the physical keyboard quality.

Yeah, I've never seen a keypad as bad as on Blackberrys. Avoid at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

GarIT wrote: »
    Yeah, I've never seen a keypad as bad as on Blackberrys. Avoid at all costs.

The new one has a different one to the old phones. Both virtually and physically.

You either like it or you don't its subjective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

beauf wrote: »
    The new one has a different one to the old phones. Both virtually and physically.

You either like it or you don't its subjective.

I know it's subjective but I don't like them. I haven't use one in a year so I don't know if it's any different now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP if you live in Dublin, go to a chinese phone shop. There is tons on Moore Street, that have hundreds of different phones to try. If you see one you like you could Im sure probably buy it new on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

@hfallada: Great idea, would you buy from a chinese phone shop?

Advertisement