Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Help!!

Options
  • 08-04-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

This is a case study:

Finchfield Cycles is an Irish Commerical enterprise based in Cork. Five years ago sales were 10000 a year. Today they are 20000. Despite selling at €400 each, there is a long waiting list for the bicycles due to a bottleneck in production.

The companys sales director has been researching different pricing strageties. He estimates they could sell 25000 a year and not have to drop there prices. He estimates that the company could sell 30000 a year at €360 but a move to 35000 a year would have to see pirces drop to €320. 40,000 sales a year would probably need a price of €280.

Questions

1. From the data, assuming no bottlenecks in production and no differential pricing, what does the sales director believe would be total sales at a price of:

a. € 400
    b. € 360
    c. € 320
    d. € 280

I have to have Output, Selling Price and Sales Revenue.

So for a) So far for €400 I have Output = 25000 Selling Price = 400 but I don't know what the sales revenue is??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Output x Unit Price = Total sales revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Cheers!

Discuss the economic advantages of falling costs of production for the Irish economy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

James__10 wrote: »
    Cheers!

Discuss the economic advantages of falling costs of production for the Irish economy?

• Increased in the quantity of goods sold which increases total revenue for firms
    • Cheaper raw materials for firms
    • Increased competition which gives consumers more choice and better value for money
    Thats off the top of my head but I would check past exam papers marking scheme to get a fair idea of where the marks are awarded.

Advertisement