Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon With A Toddler?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Getting married later this year. Our baby will be 14 months by then.

We were thinking of taking a couple of days away just for ourselves as a couple, and then going away as a family for a week or so.

I'm thinking the couple of days on our own might be abroad - maybe somewhere in Europe; and the family break could be somewhere in Ireland (or the UK - maybe on the car ferry).

Or we could do things the other way round. Stay in Ireland and go for a few days away just the 2 of us and then head off on a family holiday with the baby...

Just looking for ideas from others.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Take a few minimoons during the the year and leave the wee one at home. The wee one won't mind. I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Have you looked at cottages for couples? They're somewhere in west cork. Friends of mine went there for a couple of days after their wedding, because they didn't have enough time for their big honeymoon (two teachers married during Xmas hols). They couldn't recommend them highly enough for a minimoon/staycation!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

tempnam wrote: »
    Getting married later this year. Our baby will be 14 months by then.

We were thinking of taking a couple of days away just for ourselves as a couple, and then going away as a family for a week or so.

I'm thinking the couple of days on our own might be abroad - maybe somewhere in Europe; and the family break could be somewhere in Ireland (or the UK - maybe on the car ferry).

Or we could do things the other way round. Stay in Ireland and go for a few days away just the 2 of us and then head off on a family holiday with the baby...

Just looking for ideas from others.

Thanks!

We took are 14 month old (4 years ago ) to Trevorrick Farm Holiday Cottages
    near Padstow, Cornwall. Fantastic place to say (indoor pool and a farm like experience for the kids). Its also great area for family's and loads of good place to eat.

http://www.trevorrick.co.uk/index.php

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You might get more info if you get a mod to move this to travel section - always lots of stuff there about travelling with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

We're going here for our honeymoon-with-toddler - the Sani Beach Club resort in northern Greece. http://www.sani-resort.com/en_GB/our-hotels/sani-beach-club

They have loads of support options so that you get a bit of solo time away from the sprog (i.e. creches, babysitters, on-beach minders) and with full-board you can eat in any one of 19 restaurants, so hopefully it won't feel too claustrophobic.

We really wanted a full week away in the sunshine but wouldn't enjoy ourselves if we didn't bring the nipper along (I know others feel differently, but each to their own), so this place will *hopefully* give us everything we're looking for.

We've heard great things about Sani from friends; we're going in June, so I'll be able to report back after then!

While I was doing my research and deciding where to go, I found a bunch of places both in Europe and further afield that do these sorta 'kid-friendly luxury resort' style holidays, I collected them on my pinterest board here: http://www.pinterest.com/clareodonoghue/toddler-friendly-holiday-destinations/

Hope that's useful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

When husband and I go married our LO was 5 months. We waited till he was 8 months and then went in our honeymoon and his nana minded him at home (the only person I would ever or have ever left him with). Went on cruise of Scandanavia and Russia for a week. Was bliss. Ye need some time to yourselves IMHO (and don't feel too bad about it) :).

Advertisement