Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoots the half?

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

What is this nonsense Michael Cole has started spouting lately? I was an avid wrestling fan up until 2009, stopped for a few years but have got back into it since late last year. I have never heard that phrase used before, can someone explain it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Micheal Cole is awful.

What more explaining do you need?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Half nelson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's when the wrestler makes a cover

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Shoots to half

Its an MMA reference, refers to half mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Cole is a moron. What he thinks he's talking about is this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_hold

He's wrong though. What he actually means is the person attempting a pin has hooked one of his opponents arms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

It actually means to turn a face-down wrestler over in order to make a pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A half nelson to turn a face down opponent for a pin attempt. It's the easiest way to turn someone over.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,926 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Michael Cole gets an overly harsh time of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

CSF wrote: »
    Michael Cole gets an overly harsh time of it.

he's just the face of the ****e that he's being fed really. But that means he is going to have to bear the brunt of the criticism.

Personally I hate they guy. I think he does a very bad job of selling the talent to the viewers at home. He just doesn't seem to care. Jerry Lawler is worse again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The current announce set up is brutal. Theres no play by play, and if you call what JBL and King do "colour", then that's awful too.

I hate that commentary and the teams now have tto tell stories rather than call the action in the ring. But I agree with a lot here, Michael Cole should never have been allowed to commentary, he was best suited having a tshirt put over his head backstage. Bring back Kevin Kelly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

William Regal is badly needed on RAW imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be a litte bit fair to Michael Cole he is just like one of the Muppets someone else words come out of his mouth He is controlled by someone else.

29393927717769229851419.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Look back at Cole's time with Taz and early JBL on Smackdown. When allowed, he is a very good commentator.
    Bring back Kevin Kelly!

Worst commentator in wrestling today. He makes Lawler look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Look back at Cole's time with Taz and early JBL on Smackdown. When allowed, he is a very good commentator.

Do you mean back when he ALWAYS called moves by the wrong name? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

and the wors thing is, we probably have to deal with another ten + years of the current gob****es.

Advertisement