Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a company while you're working full time

Options
  • 08-04-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

What are the legal aspects of creating a startup company when you already work full-time for another company?

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is the business you are starting related to or in any competition with the one you are working for?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

IP wise no but sector yes. My current employer is a software house and my startup would also be a software house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

IP wise no but sector yes. My current employer is a software house and my startup would also be a software house.

There is a good chance your contract will have a business conflict clause that prohibits you setting up in the same area as them... They're fools if it doesn't.

Check it out, and your employee handbook.

Other than that its a huge drain on your time. I'm in the process and it just eats up every single minute of free time, and even then I should give it more. My TO DO list seems endless.. I've two small kids so time is very scarse. Rewarding mostly but exhausting !

Advertisement