Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOMORROW (Tuesday): Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day 2014 <3

Options
  • 07-04-2014 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

It's that time of year again! Sure why not bring the whole family, and spend the entire day there enjoying free ice-cream while you're at it, you fat mess.

Ben & Jerry’s will be giving away one free scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt without additional toppings to each person who queues at any participating Free Cone Day scoop shop; subject to availability, flavours and cones may vary. You will get one scoop for each time you queue, but you can queue as many times as you want.

Free Cone Day is only available at participating cinema scoop shops - maybe someone will try to get some free ice-cream at one of the other outlets and let us know on-thread if they're participating too. The following Scoop Shops will be participating this year - you're in luck if you're in Galway or your county begins with a D.

Donegal
    Century Cinema, Leckview Lane, Pearse Road, Letterkenny

Galway
    Eye Cinema Galway, Wellpark Retail Park
    IMC Cinema Galway, Headford Road Shopping Centre

Derry
    Brunswick Cinebowl Derry, Brunswick Lane

Down
    The Barn Cafe Bangor, 43 Main Street Bangor, Bangor

Dublin
    Ben & Jerry’s UCD, Scooping Centra Belfield, UCD, Belfield
    The Sweet Emporium, Skeries, 88c Strand Street, Skerries
    IMC Cinema Tallaght, The Square Shopping Centre, Tallaght
    Movies at Swords, Pavillion Shopping Centre, Malahide Road, Swords
    Movies at Dundum, Dundrum Town Centre
    Rainforest Adventre Golf, Dundrum Town Centre (listed as participating in the Store Finder but not listed in the T&C)

2013 thread here
    2006 thread here
    B&J Store Finder here
    Full T&C here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I don't live near any of those places :mad:

I hope it rains on you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Even if it rains most of those places are indoors ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

went to the eye cinema in galway on tuesday. got there at 9pm only to be told that the offer finished at 8pm. considering that there is no mention of this in the terms and conditions and that the shows starting in around 9pm are usually the most popular film times it seems like they really weren't too bothered about giving our free ice-cream. i only decided to go out with the missus to the flics because of this. probably would have stayed in but in the end the night cost me 50e. some bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Yeah, that's disappointing alright. It even explicitly says in the T&C: "Free Cone Day runs in line with the cinema operating hours."

Make a complaint to them if you're bothered. Might get some free ice-cream out of it.

i did make a complaint to b&j's and also sent the letter on to the cinema. i specifically mentioned that same line about the offer running for the cinemas opening hours. there were a good few others there expecting the same deal too.

the b&j's contact page is funny. has a number, which gets you through to unilever who don't deal with this so yer man gave me a different contact.

or you can write and post a letter.

no email address.

or contact form.

in this day and age!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

I also went to the Eye and it was 6PM and when I asked about Free Cone day they looked at me like I was crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,141 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

KetchupKid wrote: »
    I also went to the Eye and it was 6PM and when I asked about Free Cone day they looked at me like I was crazy!
    Did you get a cone? I wonder how long it took them to come up with the "it finished an hour ago excuse".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

No cones in tallaght so they were giving away 1 scoop tubs! Yum phish food! Very generous!

KetchupKid wrote: »

feckers!!

Advertisement