Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-smoke?

Options
  • 07-04-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi, I received an order from e-smoke Ireland earlier today, I ordered a couple of mom and pops liquids and 3 wingnuts liquids.
    I'm fairly new to this, so please forgive me if I make any boo boos.
    I excitedly tore open the packaging to taste my first non Dekang vapours. What a let down... First I tried red ridge mist, from mom and pops vapor shop (or that's what I think it is)
    it's foul.. The label misspelt the manufacturer as "momS and pops vapoUr shop" is this really the stuff I read good reviews about? Or is it a knock off made to look like the origional? It's my first order with e-smoke Ireland, so I have no trust built up.
    Next I tried scubas's orange, again misspelt label and had the same foul taste with a bit of orange to boot.
    Both labels looked like they had been printed on a €50 printer and they weren't even stuck on the bottle fully.
    The wing nuts blueberry was alright, not to my taste but it did taste of blueberrys and I like the other two wing nuts ones.

Any one with any experience with this mob?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Allan45121 wrote: »
    The label misspelt the manufacturer as "momS and pops vapoUr shop" is this really the stuff I read good reviews about? Or is it a knock off made to look like the origional? It's my first order with e-smoke Ireland, so I have no trust built up.

Any one with any experience with this mob?

Most on the forum or over on the FB page would have dealt with them, they're very highly thought of.

Their M&Ps is/was made from concentrates but I think they're switching back to the full bottles from M&P due to time constraints soon. They should indeed get their grammar in check, but having had a few M&Ps all I can say is "mmmmmmeh". Wouldn't surprise me if the juices were just a bit crap tbh, not sure why the M&P juices are so highly revered - their most sought after juices, the Pchela's flavours, are atrocious. But others reeeeeally love them (also saying all of this despite love love loving Tobacco Praze).
    On the other hand, if they were freshly-made juices those wouldn't taste the way they're really supposed to for a few days to a week. Juices when fresh need aging.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Fair enough, didn't mean any offence towards them, It's just the liquids taste sooo bad and with no experience with them I'm sure you can see why I might be a little suspicious.
    Still, I do like the wingnuts liquids, vampire kiss and pink tiger.
    Does steeping really change the taste that much?

Fair enough, didn't mean any offence towards them, It's just the liquids taste sooo bad and with no experience with them I'm sure you can see why I might be a little suspicious.
    Still, I do like the wingnuts liquids, vampire kiss and pink tiger.
    Does steeping really change the taste that much?

It really does. Certain flavours demand it, like any custard or flavours with many other flavours in them, or biscuit-y ones.
    Case in point: figured I'd vape some of my Boba's-a-like which tasted lovely when I first made it, now it's far too biscuit-y.
    Pain in the ring but that's what I get for trying to make the flavour nice-to-vape at the time (was lovely) rather than thinking about how it would be weeks later (not lovely).

Fruity flavours usually don't suffer so much but it may be the M&P effect I was talking about earlier. All hype, meh taste. I have the same deal with T-Juice - some nice ones, many bland ones.
    I put off trying Red Astaire for this reason and now it's the talk of the town. DAMMIT.

Cool, I'll not write them off just yet, but I don't hold up much hope! Can't believe I bought 30ml of both, lesson learned, try small bottle first!
    Tbh I'm right into a mix of dekang lemon and triple menthol, but I'm looking to find a few more to mix it up, same taste all day gets a bit boring.
    Am I right that Dekang liquids are all PG?
    Does VG taste different, think the m&p liqs are 60/40 could that be the bad taste?

Am I right that Dekang liquids are all PG?
    Does VG taste different, think the m&p liqs are 60/40 could that be the bad taste?
    Sometimes... A lot of vendors would specify a certain ratio from Dekang, 80PG/20VG being a sort of standard.

VG can mute a flavour whilst being a bit sweeter but I'd never think it was bad tasting.

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks grindle, I guess I'll keep searching! Cheers bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Just my 2c, but there are many variables that can influence the taste and steeping is only one.
    You don't mention what kind of kit you're using, or if you're using new/clean heads with each flavour.
    A burnt out mucky coil would give bad flavour as would different wattage, etc.
    It's a very black art to getting the flavour right, actual mileage may vary. :)

I think everyone has a few bottles of liquid knocking about that they simply didn't take to, small bottles to begin is a good rule. As I have learned myself.
    I found the M&P pchelas poison to be one of my favourites. I loved the first bottle of Wingnuts vanilla custard I bought, but the second one was only so-so, much paler in colour too. Went back to it after a few weeks, darker colour, better flavour. So Steeping!

If the taste is genuinely foul, I'd be looking at the coils/wick you're using, particularly as the bad flavour you're getting is common to two very different flavoured juices.

Hey
    I'm using evod on evod vv 650mah 1.8ohm stock coil. Tried it right through the volts, (3.2-4.8) nothing tasted good. Coils were washed and dry burned to clean after first taste, this had no effect. Went back to the lemon/menthol mix with same coil and it tasted normal.
    Have been vaping the wingnuts ones today. They are awesom btw. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

I've bought a fair bit of M&Ps from esmoke and they're quality mixes imo. It would probably be the flavours you don't like - buying juice is a lottery, really no way to tell what you'll personally like - but they will def change over time so if you can leave them a few days/longer it will help (easier said than done).

They're really are so many variables I've found with vaping, and I'm only at it a short time - voltage, resistance, PG, VG, dilution, glass v plastic clearo, nichrome v kanthal, cotton v silica, type of flavourings - it's endless. Best to have a wait and see approach I find, my opinions change constantly.

Vapour's spelt right as far as I'm concerned, Queen's English innit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I've always found e smoke ireland to be awesome, good products, quick delivery, good prices, in fact they're one of the two irish sites I really really like, I've never tried the m&p liquids though, so won't comment on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

grindle wrote: »
    It really does. Certain flavours demand it, like any custard or flavours with many other flavours in them, or biscuit-y ones.
    Case in point: figured I'd vape some of my Boba's-a-like which tasted lovely when I first made it, now it's far too biscuit-y.
    Pain in the ring but that's what I get for trying to make the flavour nice-to-vape at the time (was lovely) rather than thinking about how it would be weeks later (not lovely).

Hmm. This makes me wonder about my big bottle of Bubber's in the press tasting like a pile of cheap biscuits...Does this mean it's been sitting too long before being vaped then, rather than needing to sit? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Everyone's taste is going to be different and you are going to come across liquids that you love and hate, all you can do is read the descriptions and see what they are like. My own experience with ESI has been fantastic, I love the Wingnuts range, they have excellent customer service.

I've tried a fair few of the Mom and Pop's range and have given up, I've never found one I really liked and a few have been absolutely dire IMHO, but others may think they are fab. Taste is so subjective.

10ml bottles are a must, I always buy the smallest bottle possible, if I like it the. I order the biggest bottle possible, of not it goes in the vaping box to be passed on to another vaper and no harm done. Sometimes I buy liquids that sound perfect for me but I end up really disliking them, other times I get stuff that I am very sceptical about likening and end up hating. Taste is just such a wierd thing.

Steeping can definitely make stuff taste better, you can def over steep though and when they are too far gone there is feck all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Eff Four wrote: »
    Hmm. This makes me wonder about my big bottle of Bubber's in the press tasting like a pile of cheap biscuits...Does this mean it's been sitting too long before being vaped then, rather than needing to sit? :eek:

More than likely, yes. I have a bottle which I liked at first (a few months ago now) but went back to it lately and it's noticeably darker and doesn't taste nice at all. There's definitely a sweet spot with some juices as to when they're at their tastiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

rickyjb wrote: »
    More than likely, yes. I have a bottle which I liked at first (a few months ago now) but went back to it lately and it's noticeably darker and doesn't taste nice at all. There's definitely a sweet spot with some juices as to when they're at their tastiest.

Yeah it's a lot darker than the first two bottles I got. Unfortunately when I got the bottle from ESI it was already like that though, it hasn't been in the cupboard for ages or anything. It never lasts more than two weeks, well up until now at least! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Moms and Pops juices are the living example of the difference In peoples taste buds. I can't abide pretty much any of their juices yet half of the vaping community adore them.Pchelas flavours for me are the most horrendous juices I've ever tasted, yet you can see some people are in love with that juice.

accaguest wrote: »
    Vapour's spelt right as far as I'm concerned, Queen's English innit ;)

Feelin ya bruv, but I'd be equally suspicious if I ordered vodafone mobile on the internet and it arrived in a box branded 'vodaphone'
    Anyhoo it appears my suspicions are Ill placed. Maybe they're just not to my taste.. I'll try again in a few weeks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Feelin ya bruv, but I'd be equally suspicious if I ordered vodafone mobile on the internet and it arrived in a box branded 'vodaphone'
    Anyhoo it appears my suspicions are Ill placed. Maybe they're just not to my taste.. I'll try again in a few weeks :-)

Echo what everyone else said about E-smokeirl, they're a quality vendor. Their (M&P) apple pie is a flavour that's probably more universally appreciated, give it a test and always buy sample bottles with any untried juice, even if people are raving about it.

I've ordered the same flavour from thebestshop and e-smoke and there was a notable difference in colour and smell, steeping isn't really optional if you're buying from e-smoke, whereas I've found TBS (US mixed) weren't anywhere near as fresh.

As much as I love E-smokeirl and the quality of their service, I gotta be honest and say I'd probably order from TBS if I was buying more M&P.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I got calipetter chow from ESI twice , the second time i ordered 30ml because i liked the first batch, there was a HUGH difference in color and taste with the second batch.

The first was yellow, second was dark orange, the first batch i hadnt used for many weeks and it never got close to the orange color and the taste is also MUCH different, i love ESI but am a bit disappointed with this, when ordering juice you expect to get the same each time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Moms and Pops juices are the living example of the difference In peoples taste buds. I can't abide pretty much any of their juices yet half of the vaping community adore them.Pchelas flavours for me are the most horrendous juices I've ever tasted, yet you can see some people are in love with that juice.

I like the M&P's stuff. It's the only RY4 that I like and I like the Pchela's Poison too. Flipping stuff stinks a bit though.

On the other hand, I don't know how anybody vapes Dekang or Hangsen. I find they all taste the same but a lot of people like them.

Halo juices are lovely but they absolutely stink the place up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

The customer service from ESI is one of the best I've ever had. They're brilliant, and they got me on a terrible day in a foul mood. They're bang on.

The juices vary wildly for the reasons given above, huge number of variables. I've really enjoyed the ones I got from them.

I still find e-cig (iFag?) equipment sketchy in quality. I've had many dodgy batteries, clearos, catros etc from various venders and B&M shops. Got a simple ego/clearo the other day and leaking like mad within ten minutes. Sigh. I seem to be very unlucky, and combine that with being horribly addicted to the analogues makes it very easy to unfairly dismiss the whole damn vaping thing to justify lashing in the old stinkies. That said, I bought an MVP and it is pretty amazing, but a nightmare to carry around and use so I flogged it a day later. So I'm one of those idiots who wants MVP style performance in an ego sized battery and iClear30 style clearo in a cheapo fiver job with a starter kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

The customer service from ESI is one of the best I've ever had. They're brilliant, and they got me on a terrible day in a foul mood. They're bang on.

The juices vary wildly for the reasons given above, huge number of variables. I've really enjoyed the ones I got from them.

I still find e-cig (iFag?) equipment sketchy in quality. I've had many dodgy batteries, clearos, catros etc from various venders and B&M shops. Got a simple ego/clearo the other day and leaking like mad within ten minutes. Sigh. I seem to be very unlucky, and combine that with being horribly addicted to the analogues makes it very easy to unfairly dismiss the whole damn vaping thing to justify lashing in the old stinkies. That said, I bought an MVP and it is pretty amazing, but a nightmare to carry around and use so I flogged it a day later. So I'm one of those idiots who wants MVP style performance in an ego sized battery and iClear30 style clearo in a cheapo fiver job with a starter kit.

I agree , it is frustrating though to try a liquid , like it , order bigger bottle and get something different

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

In terms of 'you get what you pay for', M&Ps is the best juice around imo. €4 for 10ml when available in that size. That's Dekang prices. If there's any similar juices around that mark with that quality of ingredients/complexity of flavour, let me know. I haven't found one.

I looked up a juice people were talking about on the Liquid thread and came accross an Irish site that has incredible juices. I'd never heard of most but could tell they were all class, nice glass bottles, great artwork etc. But they were expensive, 15ml for €12 seemed to be the average/median. I'm going to get some eventually, life is short and all that, but I'll have to do some solid research first. At that price I really couldn't justify taking a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Tried a few M+P flavors and they're nothing special IMO. I've been getting my liquid from Murica lately. Most recent was 60ml of Mango Nectar for €20 delivered from Potion Vapes "Flavour of the Week" great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

accaguest wrote: »
    In terms of 'you get what you pay for', M&Ps is the best juice around imo.
    Tried a few M+P flavors and they're nothing special IMO.
    I agree with moolers2000, I think M&P are seriously over-rated, but Tobacoo Haze is OK

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭deisedav

Dont know why poeple go on about the customer service at esi so much. I get the feeling that they are too busy these days. People have apparently received complementry juices from them when there was a problem with the order/goods etc but cant say i had the same pleasure, and i have had a few orders that there were issues with. Some of the juices vary massively from order to order which can be frustrating. However the delivery times are almost always very speedy and some of the wingnuts juices are very nice. Also they have a fairly wide range of juice/ equipment, the starter packs are also good. All in all a good site just dont understand the customer thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The customer thing, well if I place an order in the morning I'll will have it at lunchtime the next day. None of the other vendors I've used can match that.
    They only ever got an order for me wrong once, supplied the correct juice (one of three bottles I ordered) the next day & told me to keep the incorrect juice they sent, I did offer to send it back, 30ml bottle
    So I think that's pretty good customer service

As regards Mom & Pops, I ordered there peach juice because wingnuts pullmans peach wasn't available but it didn't come close but think that's just a personal taste thing

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭deisedav

Good for you smurf. A few of the other vendors can and do match the next day delivery. Tried the pullmans peach myself and all it reminded me of was peach schnapps i used to neck when i was about 16, which was not a great experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The customer thing, well if I place an order in the morning I'll will have it at lunchtime the next day. None of the other vendors I've used can match that.

I always get next day delivery from vapefreaks, ez smoke and bargain vapour.
    I think the market has become so competitive now in Ireland that next day delivery is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I always get next day delivery from vapefreaks, ez smoke and bargain vapour.
    I think the market has become so competitive now in Ireland that next day delivery is expected.
    Same here, always next day delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I've ordered stuff from four different Irish locations, only esi arrived next day. I normally order my stuff first thing in the morning, maybe it's a Limerick thing, will have to give the postman a clip around the ear :D

Advertisement