Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalue Castletroy

Options
  • 07-04-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Hi i was in it yesterday & shopper's seem to be using it as a corner shop to buy a point of milk & so on it is to big a store to survive this way i would only give it 12 months if business does not pick up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

homingbird wrote: »
    Hi i was in it yesterday & shopper's seem to be using it as a corner shop to buy a point of milk & so on it is to big a store to survive this way i would only give it 12 months if business does not pick up.

Seems like that ever since it opened really..hasnt gone yet so must be doing okay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I was in there about two weeks ago as we were passing after coming in from Lisnagry & we needed some milk and bread.....it was depressing. I had not been in there since it was Superquinn. What a change - it was so empty and messy at the same time.

I found it utterly depressing - the only area that seemed somewhat busy was the bakery. It seemed dark and just dead in teh shop - i wanted out as soon as i got in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Their prices dont help either Brennans bread 1.86 cent when dunnes are selling it for 2 loafs for 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Been using Superquinn, now Supervalu in Castletroy for a number of years, there has been a fall off of customers over the last few years for sure. Recently there has been stuff that I usually pick up weekly which has been unavailable, I'm hoping that it's just teething issues with the takeover. Generally I find it a pleasant place to do the weekly shop.

One concern though, my weekly spend has noticably increased & I haven't been picking up anything out of the ordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

I use it for the weekly shop and much prefer it to the competition... I think the change to SuperValu has brought alot of good product in at good prices so I am happy with that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

They have strong competition around them including chawks which sell brennans bread for 166cent it bad when a filling station can sell cheaper than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They still receive deliveries from the superquinn end of things and haven't switched over fully to musgrave, not even in the ordering system so they're not fully there.

When the sales reps can get to calling in there, around June supposedly, then you will get more offers, promo displays and local products.

Until then........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lidl across the road and Aldi, Dunnes not too far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I've found lately that the Lidl on the Dublin Road has gone down hill over the last few months. They seem to have a very poor selection of stuff and I rarely find that I'm able to get what I need in there anymore.

Not that Supervalu is much better. I'd never do a full shop in there but it was handy for small bits. Now I usually can't find everything I need and have to go somewhere else. I also don't think the shop layout is logical but that's probably just me. Things just never seem to be where I'd logically look for them as in other shops.

I've started avoiding both shops now as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

With the opening of Lidl, it did a lot of damage.

For people who need to pick up things quickly in the area, Chawkes really do have the market cornered. That place is always really busy (though it does show the local business man can still compete effectively which is nice despite all the competition).

That Castletroy Shopping Centre never really did take off, moving the Castletroy Post Office to it might of picked up business slightly but still, it really does underperform.

I don't really see how that is going to change though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement