Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aqua leaking

Options
  • 07-04-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Just after seeing Masonchat's comment on his Aqua leaking, I have exactly the same problem and it has to be the build as first time it did not leak a single drop but since has leaked constantly.

Now I did pack in more cotton last build and it seemed to improve....Is it best to pack it really well with cotton in the channels. Have some 2mm Ekowool coming tomorrow and may try that...

Anyone else have same problem? Great vape when it works btw...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

FROM MOOLERS , Hi Masonchat, I used to fill it upside down and then screw in the base. Tricky but doable and you get more liquid in that way. For the coil try doing a single continues dual coil. You wrap one coil and with the same piece of kanthal wrap another coil, again tricky but doable. Keep your coils about 2mm above the airholes on the deck. Thats the only place it can leak from and if your coil is too close you may get some liquid down there.

Use very little cotton in the channels, it takes less than you think. Leave room for the liquid at the bottom of the channels. About 2-3mm should do it. Also don't be afraid to open up the juice control.

That's what worked for me anyway. Any more questions just ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I'll try this tomorrow and see....not too worried about getting extra liquid in, more concerned about keeping what is in the tank in there and not on me...

Got this working fairly well today , definitely filling the bottom is better , wicking channels need to be stuffed with cotton but make sure none gets mixed up on the threads, no leaking gurgling at all, prefer my kayfun clone but not a bad tank

I hope to get a chance later this evening to rebuild mine, read elsewhere where they too were packing the channels tightly with cotton.......I did remember that I left the cotton long the first time, ie L shaped as the channel is but read that this was a bad idea so changed it.......and that is when the gurgling/leaking started did someone say something about not fixing something when it is working.....!!

I am amazed at the flavour of vape off it though, very different from any other atty I have used...and have to drop nic levels with it too as was getting woooooaaaahhhhhh.......:D

dePeatrick wrote: »
    I hope to get a chance later this evening to rebuild mine, read elsewhere where they too were packing the channels tightly with cotton.......I did remember that I left the cotton long the first time, ie L shaped as the channel is but read that this was a bad idea so changed it.......and that is when the gurgling/leaking started did someone say something about not fixing something when it is working.....!!

I am amazed at the flavour of vape off it though, very different from any other atty I have used...and have to drop nic levels with it too as was getting woooooaaaahhhhhh.......:D

Really? have you used a kayfun clone, the kayfun makes me feel as the aqua makes you feel, id say aqua is an 8 for flavor kayfun 10 , aqua gives nicer vapor my build could be tighter though.

1.6omh vaping at 11w i have a felling the aqua prefers lower omhs , what set up are you running

• Advertisement

masonchat wrote: »
    Really? have you used a kayfun clone, the kayfun makes me feel as the aqua makes you feel, id say aqua is an 8 for flavor kayfun 10 , aqua gives nicer vapor my build could be tighter though.

1.6omh vaping at 11w i have a felling the aqua prefers lower omhs , what set up are you running

No, have not used a Kayfun....but I read great things about them, wasn't the Aqua hailed as a Kayfun killer in some quarters...?

I am using it at 1.0ohms (2x2.0ohm NR/R)and apart from the amount of juice it uses is a really great vape....have to drop the nic level to about 12mg though, normally vape 24mg

Yeah i dropped down to 12mg when i got the kayfun intense delivery , i dont notice so much with aqua prob just because im use to kayfun, sometimes the kayfun feels like putting your lips around fire extinguisher and pulling the trigger :D

most reviews i have seen say aqua as good flavor as kayfun so it could very well be me, it is close though imo

Got round to rebuilding this today, whacked in about twice as much cotton and not a single drop nor any gurgling.....some whack of this atty when it is set-up right...put in 24mg nic without thinking....Woooooooo:eek:

Haha nice one, i found when filling upside you can push the inner chimney up a little so when you are screwing back on the base the inner threads catch first which helps to line everything up just be carefull not to push it up too far

I didn't warm to filling this upside down at all, filling from top, pushing top ring down, turning over and opening air valve, works perfectly every other time, otherwise one drop to deal with, that's all....

It is almost too much when set up right, jaysus it literally pumps the vapour into your mouth :D It is being kept for a Cigar juice when having a jar at the moment.....i have not tried it with a very high VG juice yet but imagine it is a serious fog machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement