Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirm if this is ringworm

Options
  • 07-04-2014 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

hi lads,

I have a bullock that was 100% on march 9th when i bought him,
    and since then has rapidly showed up what i think is ringworm.

would it be from the stress etc. .
    i was assuming it was ring worm, and like other years, the sunlight and time will do its job. . .

the animal is thriving away, and no bother. . .. no bleeding. . crusty in places..

see for yourselves.

dont know about leaving it to sunlight though and time. . .

should i give him something? . . . .would be good to get a drench to pour on while feeding nuts in a bucket as hes out grazing grass.

302160.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

302162.jpgcloseup

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Looks like ringworm alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

It certainly has all the appearance of ringworm.

Bear in mind that ring worm is a fungal infection not a parasitic one. Not all pour ons will be effective

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

I think for now I'll keep an eye on it, should see an improvement in coming weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

I had a good bit of ringworm hassle past 2 years.. Imaverol E25 from your vet.. mix it up in pump action sprayer with water .. wear gloves.. rough up scabs to allow good soakage of solution and you will kill it

horriblw stuff, good luck with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

That looks like a bad case, id give the vet a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Definitely ringworm.
    Imravol will definitely clear it but it's €20 a litre.

If you get iodine it will clear it a bit slower but much cheaper than Imravol.

I don't think any pour on will help and waiting and see will do no good as he has too much to clear up on it's own. If say take action now and he'll be well tidied up soon.

Advertisement