Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Rig Approx €800

Options
  • 07-04-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? [Around 800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [ Modern Games BF, DayZ and any other upcoming releases]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] [ No ]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Maybe ]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Visa Debit/Paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [Within a month]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [No more then able. Its like lego after the first build]

Got one build one here for my first one and really appreciated it. Back again now with a build for a friend of mine that's looking to get into the PC side of gaming. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭estilen

Is he going to overclock? Does he want to have multiple GPU configurations in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Hes open to overclocking in the future but doesnt want to have to have to do it from new. He isnt to interested in multiple GPUs either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

For the best bang for buck I would go with the below. Its a non overclockable processor. R9 290 is a beast. I would not really go below for the best bang for buck!

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9-9-9-24|€61.44
    Super Flower Amazon 80Plus Bronze Netzteil - 550 Watt|€54.90
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 OC Windforce 3, 4GB DDR5, PCI-Express|€378.73
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€49.17
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 120GB SATA 6Gb/s|€69.99
    ASRock B85M-HDS, Sockel 1150, mATX|€48.52
    Corsair Carbide Series 200R, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€50.96
    Intel Core i5-4440 Box, LGA1150|€155.99
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€888.69

YA WHAT
    Skimping on everything just to get the 290?

estilen wrote: »
    YA WHAT
    Skimping on everything just to get the 290?

I'm skimping on nothing, maybe the motherboard is all. Probably better off with this and an i5 4670k if he is planning on overclocking which doesn't look like he is! Would push the price up to a grand though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

For what it's worth this is what i've just priced,

Intel Core i7-4770K Box, LGA1150276,37 €
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9 61,47 €
    MSI N770-2GD5/OC, 2GB DDR5 259,90 €
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R, ATX, ohne Netzteil 63,73
    MSI B85-G43 Gaming, ATX, Sockel 1150 84,84
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - Intel/AMD 30,67 €
    Corsair CX Series Modular CX600M, 600W 61,65 €
    TP-Link TL-WN951N, 300Mbps PCI-Adapter 20,51 €
    Akasa AK-ICR-07 Interner 6-Port Card Reader mit USB 3.0, 8,89cm (3,5") 13,21 €

Grand total €872,35

Skimping on the case, ram, power supply and the motherboard! Pro3 isn't worth it, he wouldn't get a decent OC out of it. As far as I know, cards from amd are really ram/freq hungry, yours is 1333 and 9-9-9-24, no heatspreader, ah seriously? Power supply? Super flower is grand, but there's better psu's... And what's he gonna do with all the cables, pack 'em in that tiny 200R?

@UP
    Jesus, Wasted, you would've wasted a lot of money on that build...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Skimping on the case, ram, power supply and the motherboard! Pro3 isn't worth it, he wouldn't get a decent OC out of it. As far as I know, cards from amd are really ram/freq hungry, yours is 1333 and 9-9-9-24, no heatspreader, ah seriously? Power supply? Super flower is grand, but there's better psu's... And what's he gonna do with all the cables, pack 'em in that tiny 200R?

@UP

Put up or shut up. All you've done in your entire 6 posts on the site are whinge about what builds other people have suggested.

@challengemaster
    Maybe because they're mostly throwing money around, picking up parts that aren't always particularly good.

http://i.imgur.com/M3cEXRy.png
    Graphical performance is surely lower than the R9 290, but honestly, why would go want to go budget on most of the parts and get a quite high end graphics card?

For some reason my post has to be accepted by the mod, idk. Is it because there was a link in it?

@challengemaster
    If those were good builds, I wouldn't say anything.

ASRock B85 Pro4
    Corsair RM550W fully modular
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB
    Corsair Carbide Series 300R windowed
    Intel Core i5-4440 Box
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 120GB
    MSI N770 Twinfrozr 2GD5/OC, 2GB DDR5
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9

All for exactly 850,39 in hardwareversand as for now. Why would you go all budget just to get quite a high end card? The 770 is surely lower performance than 290 but it still can bring out about 60ish frames in 1080p ultra/high.

• Advertisement

@UP

Pro3 is a good overclocking motherboard, as good as any in fact especially for the 1150 processors. Skimping on Ram what are you talking about? 200R has decent enough cable management. And you don't need a fully modular power supply.

Your the one talking through your arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

People come to help others out. They give their time to try help someone save a few quid or get as good value as they can. All are suggestions and opinions. And are welcome.

Yawats build is a good strong gaming rig.
    There is nothing wrong with it. You give your opinion and he gives his. The op decides what's best for him or her. It's simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

My advice on a PSU Coolermaster V850 or V1000, I put one in my rig recently and the noise difference from a previous seasonic bronze evo was massive!

Advertisement