Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30th Birthday Party / Arthritis Ireland Fundraiser

Options
  • 07-04-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am turning 30 this coming October and am considering organising a birthday party to celebrate. However, I am also a sufferer of arthritis, and have been for 8 years now. I was thinking that if I was to have a party, I would also like to make the party into a fundraising event for Arthritis Ireland. No birthday presents but instead ask for donations for the charity etc, maybe organise some activities / raffles on the night etc.

So I am looking for advice / help in various ways.

1) Can anybody recommend any decent free function rooms in pubs / restaurants in Dublin city centre? Right now I would be very unsure of the numbers; I would be hopeful that as a charity event I could get a large amount of people to attend.

2) Does anybody know / are you possibly a dj that would considering doing fundraising events for free?

3) Does anybody / are you a volunteer for Arthritis Ireland? I will get in touch with the charity myself personally but if anybody viewing this would like to get in touch please do so.

4) Lastly - anybody ever done anything like this before? Any tips or advice you would like to share???

Thanks everyone. Ever since I got diagnosed with the disease 8 years ago I have always wanted to organise a fund raiser for the charity, and I see this a prime opportunity :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hi Maire44 - a very thoughtful and novel idea for your 30th, well done you! I would suggest maybe contacting Arthritis Ireland directly and ask to speak to someone in their fundraising team. They may well have the use of a venue for events at a discounted or free rate and will also have a list of contacts that may be of use in answering the questions you posted above.

Its quite a lot of effort organising a 30th, let alone a combined 30th and fundraiser (prizes, food, MC , DJ, how will raffle work, how will you charge / do you charge etc, is it set numbers or invite only / will venue hold numbers coming for insurance purposes etc) Have a chat with the association first, they will have experience in this area and will advise you on how best to proceed.

http://www.arthritisireland.ie/go/get_involved/fundraise

http://www.arthritisireland.ie/go/get_involved/fundraise/organise_your_event

Best of luck with your night - and enjoy it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 maire44

HI Plek Trum - thanks so much for your advice, since you suggested it I have got onto the charity and have already been speaking to somebody about how to go about this and what they can do to help me. Your'e very right, there is a lot to organise for this but hopefully considering my birthday isn't until October we can figure it all out!

Cheers :)

Advertisement