Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry/Song lyrics for a wedding card...

Options
  • 07-04-2014 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

hi, I'm attending my friends wedding in a few days time and I've made her and her fella their wedding card (as I make cards as a hobby), but as we are very close I want to put something special on the inside. I was thinking about something in the form of a piece of poetry or song lyric about starting life together or two people being made for each other.
    Anyone got any suggestions, preferably something by an irish poet or artist, but not essential?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Winnie the pooh always comes to mind for these love quotes haha.. I have a huge book upstairs of quotes and what people said I shall take a look for you

Bob Dylan

When evenin' shadows and the stars appear
    And there is no one there to dry your tears
    I could hold you for a million years
    To make you feel my love

But then that is kinda like more for you giving it to someone you would like maybe.. Is there any artist or poet you know they do like

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

bob dyan is great, but those lyrics are more suited to a bride giving a card to a groom or vice-versa, not really a guest just commenting on how two friends were made for each other or how married life should be. any other bob lyrics?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Try John Martyn's May You Never for inspiration:

"May you never lay your head down, without a hand to hold... Love is a lesson to learn in our time" etc. etc..

Or of course the famous "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return".

yeah that's what I was saying.. mm had a looksee and no other Dylan one that comes to mind. have you tried quote garden that's a decant site for quotes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

i used this one, its the best i could come up with.

“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”- Mark Twain

Advertisement