Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying a tablet

Options
  • 07-04-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭

Hello, I'm considering picking up a tablet and was looking for some advice. My laptop is getting on a bit, and I've been considering replacing it with a tablet and picking up a desktop for any more serious work at some point in the future. For the past year or so I've noticed myself mostly using the laptop for browsing and streaming tv/films.

I've been looking at the Dell venue 11 and it seems like it could do anything I currently do on my laptop without difficulty. What I'd like to know before jumping in and buying it is 1) Is it worth going for the more expensive version with the i3/i5 processor? I've heard good things about the new atom but I'm very wary of it as I had an awful experience with an atom netbook a few years ago. Have they really improved it or would I be better off going with one of the other models? 2) Are there any better options I could be looking at in the same price range? I'd really prefer to go with windows but I'd consider android if there were better options available.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement