Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Easter Break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Thanks OP, a great find! Was just wondering if anyone here have bought a voucher for a similar deal and how does that work? Do you book with hotel first to make sure they are available on those dates? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I usually just ring hotel first and get price and availabilty and then tell them you have a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

RubyGirl wrote: »
    I usually just ring hotel first and get price and availabilty and then tell them you have a voucher.

Great stuff, going to do the same :) Thanks a mill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Dunno how the hotels are making money these days. I got 2 nights in Donegal for 2 with 2 breakfasts and a dinner for €119 last week.

Use the sites like Grabit or Mydealpage so you can see all the offers from all of the sites.

Check the fine print on the offers. Lots of them don't allow Friday / Saturdays and frequently bank holidays aren't available. But like the poster above said you can ring them, see if the date you want is available and then buy the voucher. When I was booking they asked me for the voucher number at the time of booking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

timetogo wrote: »
    Dunno how the hotels are making money these days. I got 2 nights in Donegal for 2 with 2 breakfasts and a dinner for €119 last week.

Praying you'll buy booze with the dinner or take a checkin offer of an 'upgrade' usually. Although midweek off-season or at the ends of the season like we are now, E45 a room a night B&B is a fairly standard corporate rate so its not a huge reduction in takings - although the voucher site takes a big cut too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

booked cheers OP! will probably see a few boardsies checking in

Advertisement