Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divergent (film)

Options
  • 07-04-2014 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this today, the movie based on the book Divergent. I was actually surprised, wasn't nearly as **** as I imagined. Not as bad as say, twilight or the hunger games anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I thought it looked good so went and found a synopsis of the book. That sounds like utter drivel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

A lot of it is. Seems like a fair bit of it was ripped off from the hunger games in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Saw the trailer when I went to see zero Theorem. Looks super bland. This movie is beige. No amount of salt and pepper can save it. Coldplay thinks it looks boring.

I did laugh during the trailer, though. "You have the ability to control your fear. We call it divergent. In the past they just called it brave, but it's the future now so we needed a new word and the committee thought it sounded good."

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hunger Games are solid films, particularly the 2nd one, the books are entertaining too if not particularly well written. Really don't deserve to be lumped in with Twilight at all imo.

I didn't like the look of the trailers for this though, looks like a blatant cheap attempt at appealing to the same audience.

I didn't rate the hunger games movies at all to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Pretty mediocre film. Way too long.

Like enders game, as a lot of the film is based around war games, there's no real sense of threat, so it just plods along.

The lead actress seems miscast and uninterested. Not ideal when it comes to engaging with the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

cloud493 wrote: »
    I didn't rate the hunger games movies at all to be honest.

After the first movie I went ahead and read the books. While not fantastic writing the movies just felt very rushed in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The male lead looks way older than his female love interest

Yes he's also the films weakest link.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Awkward Author

read all three books and saw the movie. First book was good, wasn't so taken with the other two. A lot of teenager angst in it, but i guess that's who it's written for. The movie however, was rubbish in comparison. Didn't even get have the "other" character names until it was near the end. I'm still not sure of who some of them are meant to be. Disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Movie is a load of crap. I didn't expect much but it was boring, bland and predictable.

I actually quite liked the Hunger Games, particularly the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what was four thinking with his tattoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Movie looked alright, wasn't up to much script wise and the book was better obviously, but the lead actress is hot so......yeah.

Advertisement