Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable milking machine.!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Are you talking about the small 1-2 unit ones or a mobile milking parlour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Anyone use one??

not since 1974 :o:o

reckon you mean the ones on D D , should be ok for it's purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Sam Kade wrote: »
    or a mobile milking parlour?

If anyone was to try this, the best bet would be a robot by far in my view, no holding yard, much more portable etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

Yes, the ones on DD....But go ahead lads don't let me stop yas :D..

Timmaay wrote: »
    If anyone was to try this, the best bet would be a robot by far in my view, no holding yard, much more portable etc.

I saw somewhere recently where 2 farmers sons in the uk have built up a herd of 300 jex cows without owning any land and 200k to invest between them. The first year they bought 30 maiden heifers and cut silage off football pitches and roundabouts they have some 300 acre estate rented now and are using a mobile milking parlour as they didn't want to build one on rented land.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭exercise is the antidote

cut silage off football pitches and roundabouts

I wonder how my local pitch is for silage this year:D,
    on serious note,it would be nice if banks backed young farmers in Ireland like they do in UK

cut silage off football pitches and roundabouts

I wonder how my local pitch is for silage this year:D,
    on serious note,it would be nice if banks backed young farmers in Ireland like they do in UK
    It was actually grazing on a building site and next to a roundabout :) Here's their story

http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/06/02/2013/137507/flexible-approach-gets-joint-venture-new-entrants-milking.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Wonder how young fellas here would go on leased land with a leased mobile parlour, and outdoor cubicles...
    If they could lease land at a reasonable rate :)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

It was actually grazing on a building site and next to a roundabout :) Here's their story

http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/06/02/2013/137507/flexible-approach-gets-joint-venture-new-entrants-milking.htm

Jesus that's some achievement.
    Never be able to anything on that scale in Ireland

Jesus that's some achievement.
    Never be able to anything on that scale in Ireland
    It would be fairly hard to get 200 acres in one block here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

It would be fairly hard to get 200 acres in one block here.

Around me you'll find it alright, but it will be forsale and not for rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Six="Sam Kade;89829390"]It would be fairly hard to get 200 acres in one block here.[/quote]

Although two lads beside me have blocks that Size but there in shocking condition and would need a hell of a lot if work to get them to producing good amounts of grass. Wouldn't be as easy as just sow and go

Advertisement