Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Joseph's Street?

Options
  • 06-04-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My partner and I were supposed to move into Wolfe Tone St but unfortunately that fell through so back to the house hunt! I was wondering if anyone had any experience of living in Joseph Street? It's only one block down from Wolfe Tone St so I can't imagine it's much different, but any input would be appreciated, thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Walk that way to college most mornings. Its a lovely little street and it seems to be getting a bit of reputation lately as a trendy place to live in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TembaWidearm

There really does seem to be a nice atmosphere up that end of town, and its so handy for the city centre. It's great to get some feedback though thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

A strong and active community there. They rallied together to protect the green area and trees in Vizes court some years ago and had a fun event on the green.
    Prices have dropped considerably and being walking distance from LSP school is a plus

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ciaradursey

Just moved to this street a month ago with my boyfriend! Love it! Lovely quiet street! Really nice neighbours. Everyone says hello to each other! Short walk to the park and the city! The ramps stop the boy racers too!! Would recommend!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

A strong and active community there. They rallied together to protect the green area and trees in Vizes court some years ago and had a fun event on the green.
    Prices have dropped considerably and being walking distance from LSP school is a plus

To no avail though! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Lived there for a few years, absolutely lovely street and so convenient for town without being smack bang in the middle of it. I much preferred it to wolfe tone st, it's quieter, less studenty and the neighbours are great. The only problem I ever noticed was that for a while, it seemed to be a hotspot for car break ins but that was 7 years ago now. Also, Erics bar which was once an awesome beverage establishment has now been converted into apartments :(

Advertisement