Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for orgainising a charity event

Options
  • 06-04-2014 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

Just a quick question if anyone has any advice, tips! I am orgainising a charity event for an animal rescue I volunteer for. I am trying to get spot prizes for a raffle we're also having as part of the event. Does anyone know of any particular retailers/restaurants/businesses that are nice enough to donate something for a spot prize or have any advice to offer? I have been going into places in town armed with information about the event and contact details etc to do with the charity, some people are polite and just say they can't donate or manager not around etc and then some people look at you like you've ten heads, like you're asking for a kidney!!! I have also been e-mailing head offices of places too. I have one or two things so far but not much and I need to get a lot more as event it just under three weeks and wanna be organised.

If anyone has advise would be much appreciated!

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

You could ask the organisation if they have any corporate donors or people that donate regularly that are also business owners. Ask absolutely everywhere, you could ask local beauticians or maybe restaurants that have a policy regarding the way that their animals are reared. You have to innovate in fundraising,very few businesses are gonna just give you what you want. Perhaps you could offer that their logo be on the advertisement as a sponsor.

Advertisement