Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 mobile numbers, is it possible to use them both on a single handset through diverti

Options
  • 06-04-2014 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

I have a work mobile and a personal mobile, is it possible to get calls to my personal number to divert to my work phone, i.e. calls to both ring on 1 handset without incurring a charge from network. I dont want to carry 2 handsets all the time

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you considered a dual sim phone?

More and more to choose from all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Davy wrote: »
    Have you considered a dual sim phone?

More and more to choose from all the time.

Never heard if it, I'll look into it though, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

bmwguy wrote: »
    I have a work mobile and a personal mobile, is it possible to get calls to my personal number to divert to my work phone, i.e. calls to both ring on 1 handset without incurring a charge from network. I dont want to carry 2 handsets all the time

You can set setup on your PERSONAL phone "Divert all Voice Calls" to your BUSINESS phone number ,but I guess you need to be on some sort of monthly plan, not on Pay as you go !
    Then when it rings, how do you differentiate between personal or business call(you'll need to duplicate the contacts) also time wise,how do you switch off !?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Would a SIP account not sort this out? I know that an incoming SIP call would identify the number and source, etc.?
    You could make it rather cheap via a monthly package from Blueface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Dual sim phone seems most straightforward, in any case it is not easy to forward texts. Amazon have some dual sim phones, at all price ranges, but the dual sim version is a bit more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

Wiko Mobile from Amazon.fr - all dual SIM from around 130-250 Euro

Advertisement