Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken thoughts!

Options
  • 06-04-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was seeing a guy for a while, things just fizzled out...we were living 2 hours apart and perhaps this didn't help our situation. We ended on respectable terms but had no contact since (over a month). Last week he sent me a message on a social network site just chatting then I got a phonecall last night (drunk-ish!) where he said he misses me fierce, he didn't like how things ended etc and said he's been thinking a lot about it lately. I was falling asleep so he said he would call today.

Not sure if he will or not but what do people make of drunken phone calls, I know it kind depends on the situation...but in general? Should I wait for him to call, if he actually decides to or not....or send him a message, although I don't know what I would say. I really like him and was gutted things didn't progress, I'm confused cos I was just getting my head around things then BAM he picks up some contact and I'm left questioning :/

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

In my experience, drunken calls are best ignored as if they didn't happen. Very easy to be brave at the end of a night out when you've had a few pints in you and your friends are all heading home with someone.

If he takes it upon himself to call you sober, it may be worth talking with him about it, other than that, get on with your life in the same way that you've been doing since you broke up. At the end of the day, the factors that have affected the relationship haven't changed - he still lives two hours away, and things still fizzled out. Honestly, I don't see him calling, and you texting for an explanation is only going to prolong what's already happened.

Advertisement