Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic electricity load

Options
  • 06-04-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, not sure where else to ask this. I had asked over in engineering but it was suggested i try here instead.

currently looking at off grid power and as part of the research I need to find a daily load profile for a domestic setting, ideally one for each season of the year. Irish domestic ideal , but any is acceptable really. Any ideas where to go looking for such data? Or if anyone can provide data that is somewhat average, I would greatly appreciate it. Really just a ballpark, and i would expect I would see peaks at evening and morning and less in the midday, more in the winter, less in the summer etc.

many thanks!

Comments

A daily load profile of an on-grid house is not a fair comparison. Anyone who spends years designing an electrical system that works on renewables will no doubt have reduced their consumption to manageable levels, subsidised by diesel generators that are the most expensive source of electricity about thus a further incentive. Off gridders rarely use electric heat sources other than part of the charging system, have very low constant loads and are very finicky about the energy ratings of appliances and their run profiles.

Mr Piggott has been kind enough to include a live feed of his off-grid home in Scoraig. See here.

The good folks over in electrical might have some data similar to what you are requesting.

Advertisement