Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Alarm

Options
  • 06-04-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a six year old wireless HOME SAFE alarm system with six sensors
    and one out side alarm bell. I can activate or disable alarm by phone or by alarm
    panel in hall. The control box is in separate room with bell.

I was going to upgrade this system but found I can get a new system installed
    for a little more. I feel I am been over charged!

I contacted Phone Watch but they do not have outside bell which is a must for me.

I live in Carlow town.

Any suggestions or help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

Duffy 1962 wrote: »
    I have a six year old wireless HOME SAFE alarm system with six sensors
    and one out side alarm bell. I can activate or disable alarm by phone or by alarm
    panel in hall. The control box is in separate room with bell.

I was going to upgrade this system but found I can get a new system installed
    for a little more. I feel I am been over charged!

I contacted Phone Watch but they do not have outside bell which is a must for me.

I live in Carlow town.

Any suggestions or help please.

What extra features are you looking for with regards an upgrade? The Home safe alarm is a Visonic system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you are told you are getting a new system for around the same you need to check the specs of what you are comparing to. On many cheaper priced systems coverage is often very little and basic things like an external bell are often optional extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Duffy 1962

altor wrote: »
    What extra features are you looking for with regards an upgrade? The Home safe alarm is a Visonic system.

Hi Altor,
    Thank you for reply to my request.
    I have a Home Safe Alarm system installed be a company which is no longer around.
    It is six years old.

I am not capable of adjusting the alarm myself. Not my line and not good with this sort
    of thing.

I need two extra movement sensors added to my present system which works well and general battery check to protect two sets of patio doors.

I am able to control alarm with mobile phone.

I would consider any update or suggestions.

Thanks again and regret delay in reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Duffy 1962

KoolKid wrote: »
    When you are told you are getting a new system for around the same you need to check the specs of what you are comparing to. On many cheaper priced systems coverage is often very little and basic things like an external bell are often optional extras.

KoolKid, Thank you for your reply to my Home Safe Alarm request.
    My supplier has gone out business.

Phone Watch do not do outside bells which is a must for where I live.

When you consider service call and installation of two sensors for over 400 euro
    I would prefer to pay more that be over charged.

Not looking for a cheap unit. I understand that every call has to be paid for.
    That is not a problem.
    Thanks again.

Duffy.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Best advice here would be to shop around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement