Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM Broadband OUT Every weekend

Options
  • 06-04-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

It seems now that Eircom Broadband is down every weekend for the last 3 months around the Sligo area or is this the same all over ? It appears to be ok during the week but come early Friday evenings it all goes slow and then more ofter than not its out completely. What kind of a modern service is this I wonder ??

Rusty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

Was about to start my own thread asking about this.

I can't say I've noticed this problem occurring every weekend, but this weekend it has been terrible. The real frustrating thing is I can access some websites no problem at all, but others give me a connection timeout error. For example, RTE site works fine, BBC doesn't. Have tried using different computers (wired & wireless), different browers and disabling firewalls with no joy. Did a tracert to see where the problem might be occuring and got the following result:

Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [212.58.244.20]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.254
    2 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms b-ras2.rtd.sligo.eircom.net [159.134.155.3]
    3 9 ms 9 ms 8 ms ge-2-1-8.pe1.mvw.mvw-sla.eircom.net [86.43.247.29]
    4 15 ms 14 ms 14 ms tenge-7-1-1.core2.dbn.core.eircom.net [86.43.253.65]
    5 24 ms 24 ms 24 ms tenge-1-2-1.pe1.the.the-thn.eircom.net [86.43.253.126]
    6 27 ms 24 ms 24 ms ge7-1-0.corea.the.london.eircom.net [86.43.244.190]
    7 34 ms 23 ms 24 ms bbc-linx.pr01.rbsov.bbc.co.uk [195.66.236.103]
    8 * * * Request timed out.
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 * 24 ms * ae0.er01.telhc.bbc.co.uk [132.185.254.109]
    11 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms 132.185.255.149
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 * * * Request timed out.
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 * * * Request timed out.
    .... etc.

Maybe some of the more technically minded of you might be able to shed some light on what the problem might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Rang them today to complain that I could not access any of the American sites and the guy was helpful but unable to solve the problem. he said its a problem they are having and does not know when it will be resolved. in the meantime hardly anything will open properly especially anything outside of Ireland., Very bad service !!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Micheal H

Normal service has resumed for me today. Everything working now. Any improvement for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Yes !! Back to normal last night. I got a total denial at first from Eircom that anything was wrong or that there was any faults in my area. After insisting on being put through to engineers--at least i think it was them--I got talking to a very well informed English speaking tech who talked me through some very detailed steps and upgrades and he also informed me that I was about his 9th customer that morning with similar problems. He had to admit failure eventually at getting it sorted and advised that waiting was my only option. Most of the local sites like adverts.ie and done deal .ie etc were opening slowly, but all american or foreign sites were timing out and the pages would not open. In my own opinion this is an ongoing problem and in my own case it seems to occur early every Friday and last until Monday nights. Maybe i'm just imagining that but I will be keeping an eye out from now on.
    Thanks for your input and will keep you updated if it occurs again
    Rusty

Advertisement