Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urge for a Flight Sim game

Options
  • 05-04-2014 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have a bit of an urge for a Flight Sim game.

Which of Microsoft Flight Sim or X-Plane would be better for a casual player who just wants to pretend to be a pilot for a few hours?

Do either of them have decent scenery/graphics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Well , X Plane 10 64 bit is the most recent of all of them. I don't have this Steer clear of X Plane 32 bit.
    Still scenery software for X Plane is a bit few and far between.
    There is more support for Microsoft Flight Simulator X, in terms of community and add ons.
    The best thing of all to buy the software for use with MS FS X Prepar 3D
    ...but
    ... You MUST confirm with this software company that you are not using Prepar 3D for entertainment only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Personally if you set-up FSX rightly, it's the best simulation you'll get IMO - Would love to be able to use mine a bit more, can send some screenshots your way of what FSX is like, if you wish?

Just remember though - If you want to enjoy it, it's going to cost you in terms of the products you'll need to purchase in-addition to FSX itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have a bit of an urge for a Flight Sim game.

Which of Microsoft Flight Sim or X-Plane would be better for a casual player who just wants to pretend to be a pilot for a few hours?

Do either of them have decent scenery/graphics?

Any interest in Combat Flight Sims ? go get il2 1946 and Rise of Flight..both excellent.

Advertisement