Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch sander problems

Options
  • 05-04-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I have 2 Bosch sanders (a PEX 400 and a PDA 180) the sandpaper is held on by Velcro one side being on the sandpaper the other on a plate on the sander. The problem is the Velcro on the sander is worn and no longer holds the paper on.
    I could order replacements ( Takes 2 - 3 weeks) at €25 and €12.50 or try to work out how to repair them.
    I have googled Velcro and found Hickys fabrics sell 50 mm wide Velcro tape and thought of sticking it on. I just wondered if any of you have faced this problem and found a solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

You might as well bite the bullet and order new Velcro hook bases. Another sander company ( Ceros ) market plate protectors - a thin hook and loop membrane which prevents wear on the hooks. They use the Abranet system which a mesh for sanding rather than paper so wear is expected. All these should be on #bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

Thank you for the advice i will check it out

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IreJohn

I had the same problem wet a gex 150,
    Run the sander on some upturned sandpaper until the face is smooth,
    Then I use the stick on sheets , much better and cheaper solution.

Advertisement