Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

river liffey free fishing and licenced/club

Options
  • 05-04-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all im new to fishing and im living near the river liffey,Im trying to find out where i can fish without having to worry about breaking any laws etc! Im a begginner so i dont want to join a club until i know im going to stick with the new hobby!So
    A. where is free to fish along the river liffey?
    B. can i buy a licence for a day or season?
    d. if i buy a licence do i still need to be with a club or is the licence the same as being a member with a club?
    E. how do i know were different clubs own? i cant find any maps to tell me!
    very confused beginner!!! thanks:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

• Registered Users Posts: 6 farmer22

many thanks but it still seems to have very little info on what stretches are free to fish except memorial park. i presume their has to be more areas than just memorial park?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

farmer22 wrote: »
    many thanks but it still seems to have very little info on what stretches are free to fish except memorial park. i presume their has to be more areas than just memorial park?
    Assume nothing, check everything.
    I am pretty sure that trout and salmon clubs lease and control all the Liffey upstream from Memorial Park. I think its ok to coarse fish the resevoir at Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Also, a lot of the time a day pass isnt much cheaper than membership.
    In my club, its 10e for a day pass. 20e for membership but you also get permission on neighboring club stretches

does anyone know what club is around the leixlip/celbridge area?im going to be working around that area so if i had time i can try fishing around here! do i have to join a club or can i just get a licence for the season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

does anyone know what club is around the leixlip/celbridge area?im going to be working around that area so if i had time i can try fishing around here! do i have to join a club or can i just get a licence for the season?

Ask the clubs listed here -
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/trout/east/dublin/liffey.htm

Do you want someone to go do the fishing for you as well. :)

at this stage i might aswell get someone to fish for me! :) its like a secret society,all the info is bits here and their, all i want to do is go find somewhere quite stick a line into the water relax and not have to worry about getting into trouble for being in the wrong place! im not looking to become a serious fisherman haha... pity you cant get a map of the liffey to show you what clubs and where exactly they lease!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

at this stage i might aswell get someone to fish for me! :) its like a secret society,all the info is bits here and their, all i want to do is go find somewhere quite stick a line into the water relax and not have to worry about getting into trouble for being in the wrong place! im not looking to become a serious fisherman haha... pity you cant get a map of the liffey to show you what clubs and where exactly they lease!

As has been said already memorial park section is free. There is one other area too around lucan.

I will PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

So is the whole stretch of the liffey I'm memorial park free to fish? Is it just fly fishing that's allowed or could one use maggots or worms if one so wanted to do fish that way? Just wondering is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

gumbo1 wrote: »
    So is the whole stretch of the liffey I'm memorial park free to fish? Is it just fly fishing that's allowed or could one use maggots or worms if one so wanted to do fish that way? Just wondering is all!

Yes it is. You could use maggots on barbless hooks. Worms are banned under the liffey conservation of salmon byelaws. Any other baits are fine once the hooks are single barbless hooks.

• Advertisement

thanks a million for all your help!!

Advertisement