Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best type of lures for bass, Pollock ect

Options
  • 05-04-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering the best kind of lures to use to catch a bass or pollock?

Also any advise where to fish for them around wicklow dublin wexford area

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

Seller159 wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering the best kind of lures to use to catch a bass or pollock?

Also any advise where to fish for them around wicklow dublin wexford area

Thanks

Try the 12.5cm savage gear sandeel that will catch both just reel it in very slowly
    Dexter wedges and just about any other lure will catch pollock
    Just cast leave it sink deep and reel in lift the rod and leave stop the lure
    The lure flutters down deep again and this is normally when pollock take it's called sink and draw method simple really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Seller159

realrebel wrote: »
    Try the 12.5cm savage gear sandeel that will catch both just reel it in very slowly
    Dexter wedges and just about any other lure will catch pollock
    Just cast leave it sink deep and reel in lift the rod and leave stop the lure
    The lure flutters down deep again and this is normally when pollock take it's called sink and draw method simple really

I will give that ago thanks:)

im planing on heading to dun laoghaire any advice on where to fish from if you know the area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

im planing on heading to dun laoghaire any advice on where to fish from if you know the area?

You might have to wait a few months...don't think there's any east coast bass this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭realrebel

Sorry man I'm from cork so don't know the area the colour eel that works best for me is the one with the blue on top

Advertisement