Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot phone lock.

Options
  • 05-04-2014 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

My battery fell out last night, and now when I switch it on it's asking for phone lock code ( not pin number )

What can I do? O2 directed me to samsung who tried to direct me to phone menders who charge to have it unblocked.

Can it be this complicated?!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What phone is it?

Did you remove and reinsert the sim card then power up again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Samsung GT-E1200

It's only 20 quid but I only got it last week, so bit of a pain if I need to get a new one.

Yeah tried that.

Any idea how to reset it back to factory settings? Had a look online but no luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Not sure if you still have problem,

is it phone security code? (maybe try 0000 or 1234)

Have you tried putting SIM in another phone to check if the it asks you for a password, it might be SIM password. Have you tried another SIM in that phone?

A quick search in google I could find Reset and Restore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

nava wrote: »
    Not sure if you still have problem,

is it phone security code? (maybe try 0000 or 1234)

I think Samsung used to be 8 zeros iirc

Advertisement