Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to be a courier

Options
  • 05-04-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi all,pissed off of my current job,and this question was probably asked before but ,what would the set up costs be in starting a courier van , I would like to be my own boss for a change,any advice I would appreciate it.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Ya looking at buying new or second hand? What van you have in mimd?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

prob.second hand ,would you have any idea of set up costs and so forth

What's your budget? That will be a deciding factor in what van you can get. Give me an idea of how much your looking at spending

out side van ,what other costs are involved and hrs worked to make a living do u know,,where to start, really,costs dictate budget.

Insurance and diesel! You Want to work for yourself or someone else? Try your local dpd, they take people on as self employed and I know a few are looking for decent Drivers. Try nightline, gls, fedex and dhl too. I know lots of couriers and they work mad hours. Nit something id be into tbh, id rarher sell them the vans!

• Advertisement

thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 1 natjfor

My husband is in the middle of this process - the hardest thing to get is insurance - that is, proper courier insurance - he has only been able to get one quote for €1800 - which does not cover any of the goods he'd carry - you need separate Goods in Transit insurance for that approx €300....it appears that most couriers pretend to have another occupation in order to get commercial cover and a disc for their window...

Advertisement