Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help from contributors for a new website

Options
  • 04-04-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys,

This subject probably come up a lot but we've just set up a new website from scratch and we have never worked in web design or journalism in any way but we're happy with what we've produced so far.

However we are seeking contributors for the site in order to gain more views. We don't have any financial backing so we are unable to offer payment to anyone who does wish to contribute but if you are interested please fell free to get in touch.

check out the web site, <PM for link> and see what you think, There's a contact section there under About us. We'd love to hear from you!

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,765 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

So you cannot offer money. What can you offer in return?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It might help if you can explain a little more about the site, it's subject matter and aims and why people should contribute, without posting the url.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RobGleeson

Hi All,

I'm looking for contributors who might be interested in submitting articles on a new website I have recently set up. Obviously I can't give links or anything but I'll try cover off as much as possible below.

What I'm looking for:
    Sport: Need a sports contributor who will cover GAA, Rugby, Soccer etc with emphasis on the summer GAA Championship.
    Entertainment: Articles on Entertainment News
    Technology: Articles on latest technology news or interesting pieces
    Blog: A section that covers pretty much anything someone might like to write about as long as it's current.

All of the above is aimed at someone who is looking for an outlet for his/her material where he/she will be accredited for the article.

I've seen previously on this site and others people asking about payment. At this point I have no budget to credit contributors for their content, I am looking for voluntary submissions.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged 2 threads.
    Robbie, only one account is allowed per user.
    PM me if you have questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RobGleeson

Looking to set up a blogging community on my website where you can write about pretty much anything you want with no censorship.

Anyone with anything to say give me a shout

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Sounds like an interesting idea!

Count me in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

RobGleeson wrote: »
    Looking to set up a blogging community on my website where you can write about pretty much anything you want with no censorship.

Are you insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Rob what's the website URL?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

"with no censorship"......

I hope you and your contributors understand that they would be wholly liable for anything on that site that no true. You'd better either get extremely good legal advice or a brief.

To be honest, saying that all posts will be uncensored will only attract a particular shade of nut-case and is a very reckless strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cultureshockme

What is the website name and what kind of community are you looking to set up? Is it kind of like people posting blogs on your website as guest writers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Hi All,

I'm looking for contributors who might be interested in submitting articles on a new website I have recently set up. Obviously I can't give links or anything but I'll try cover off as much as possible below.

What I'm looking for:
    Sport: Need a sports contributor who will cover GAA, Rugby, Soccer etc with emphasis on the summer GAA Championship.
    Entertainment: Articles on Entertainment News
    Technology: Articles on latest technology news or interesting pieces
    Blog: A section that covers pretty much anything someone might like to write about as long as it's current.

All of the above is aimed at someone who is looking for an outlet for his/her material where he/she will be accredited for the article.

I've seen previously on this site and others people asking about payment. At this point I have no budget to credit contributors for their content, I am looking for voluntary submissions.

Drop me a line if you're interested.

Thanks

So basically you are looking for free contributors while you make money with ads on your site?

Advertisement