Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new 2nd hand bike

Options
  • 04-04-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I was asked by a pal to help her pick out a nice get work bike as i know a lot about bikes. Truth be told if it was a Hi end road racer i could offer my opinion but i know shag all about this end of the market . So as its Friday i was hoping you guys might point me to a decent get to work tool with flat bars for a 5ft6 young lady in the €300 range and help me save face as to my knowledge of all thing cycling :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

If this is to spend as little as possible on something that won't fall apart this is good option. It's normally cheap but it's a very good price at the minute. 26 inch wheels but good work horse if you just want a town bike and for doing just a couple of miles to work.
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_1001840_langId_-1_categoryId_212377

Edit Didn't know budget Spending a bit more than that I'd be looking at looking at Giant Rapid's or Trek Fx's . They're all more flat bar racers and are €500-800 depending on spec any more I'd buy a road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Ryath wrote: »
    If this is to spend as little as possible on something that won't fall apart this is good option. It's normally cheap but it's a very good price at the minute. 26 inch wheels but good work horse if you just want a town bike and for doing just a couple of miles to work.
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_1001840_langId_-1_categoryId_212377

Edit Didn't know budget Spending a bit more than that I'd be looking at looking at Giant Rapid's or Trek Fx's . They're all more flat bar racers and are €500-800 depending on spec any more I'd buy a road bike.

This is still good info at least i know what to look at now,we like the Boardman their is a 2nd one on DD in the price range but to big

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's not a bad option enough budget left to get mudguards and a semi decent lock and maybe change tires as well

Advertisement